SuperHost Relief Fund fine print

Jeremy193
Level 4
Afton, VA

SuperHost Relief Fund fine print

Just spent 2 hours messaging with the folks at AirBnB support... couldn't get a definitive answer, so wanted to see if anyone here had thoughts.

The fine print on the SuperHost Relief Fund eligibility says its by invitation and the criteria for eligibility includes no more than 2 active listings.

In my case, I have one property that has 3 separate listings.  The property is entirely dedicated to AirBnB and I'm on track to have $25000 in cancellations for April and May.  This is also 100% of my income.

Is your interpretation that I'm automatically disqualified from being invited/applying because my single property has 3 listings?  And, if so, can I simply delist one of the listings for a month or two (let's face it, the new bookings aren't rolling in very quickly) to be at 2 active listings?  Seems like a dumb workaround, but so does excluding SuperHosts that work 100% of the time in their AirBnB business.

And, yes, I know about the 25% thing... I'm specifically talking about the SuperHost Relief fund.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

17 Replies 17
Robbie54
Level 10
North Runcton, United Kingdom

The superhost grant is severely flawed for various obvious reasons. The main one is the "superhosts who need it the most" criteria. Well, that's 99% of superhosts. And who's to say that a superhost who earns $10,000 a month is more in need than one who earns $1000? Like I said, flawed. 

@Jennifer1421 This hosts profile shows reviews going up to June 2019.

Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Jennifer1421    The person would have had to have had 10 bookings in 2019 to retain Superhost status, right ? .  I'm not sure how the qualifiers would work for zero bookings for Q1 2020, since I don't follow superhost status much any more.