Superhost Bonus

Joanne20
Level 2
Rocklin, CA

Superhost Bonus

I have been a Superhost consistently for many years.  I don't travel much so I have lost many hundreds of bonuses.  A while back I asked if I could put my gift towards having professional photos of my home done.  At that time the answer was yes I could but then due to Covid they suspended all photography.  I recently asked again and was told that I could not use it towards photography and that offering professional photography was still suspended.  

I requested a quote accordingly and it is in fact no longer suspended.  I am a little upset that my "gift" expires and that I can't use the "gift" to have photos done.  I believe having professional photos of my home would not only benefit me but it would also benefit Airbnb.  

I would like to hear what others think about this?  Shouldn't we be able to use our gift as we choose?  

Thanks, Joanne

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Many posts about expectations around the SH bonus gift not being what is wanted.  For me, I just use it if I can within the confines of the coupon program or...not.  Anyhow, as to professional photographer for your pictures, I agree that there is quite a qualitative upgrade with professional photographer.  When I started with Air BNB it was provided without cost in many areas and I took advantage of that offer.  Later the program changed to having some photographers that would recommended and the host paid for it.  Frankly, I think it is better to engage your own photographer so the pictures belong to you.  Having Air BNB involved means the pictures belong to them, I believe.  I used a real estate photographer and it was not that expensive.

Marg11
Level 10
Warwick, Australia

Have just tried to let Airbnb know that the Superhost bonus has been of no use to us as we haven't stayed with Airbnb since 2018, have more than adequate wifi, use local cleaning products and have not found any Airbnb Experience of interest or suitable for our ages. However, the emails bounced. 

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Joanne20 

I'm happy to say Airbnb is sending out an email extending Superhost coupons that expired.

I'm hoping you might have already received it; otherwise, it could be on the way. You can read more about coupons and how to use them here. There is also a header talking about the extension and how to review the coupon. 

Not sure if this will also cover the photography gift you were referring to but worth trying or getting in touch with CS to ask, after you receive the email.

Tagging you also @Marg11 @Linda108 as I see you are interested in this.

Thank you

Anne8506
Level 2
Asheville, NC

AIRBNB SUPERHOST BONUS:

As others have mentioned, the Superhost bonus of $100 discount on an Airbnb stay is generally worthless.  As a successful Superhost without a co-host

we don't have time to travel. In addition, in my city we are limited to "homestay" rentals where the owner must basically be on the premises other than short errands. If I travel I will lose more than $100 in lost guest revenue. A better bonus would be a $100 discount we can gift to family or friends.