Superhost Rating April 2022

Peter-and-Rowena0
Level 2
Panglao, Philippines

Superhost Rating April 2022

Hi all Together from the Philippines

Finally after 2 years without guests we got the first reservation on December 2021 for Christmas and New Year, we were all happy.

But then on December 15, 2021 a terrible typhoon overran us. We had big and many damage in Bohol, Cebu, Leyte and Mindanao. The entire power grid has failed. It was immediately clear to us that we had to inform our guests immediately. All of our reservations were cancelled, which was understandable. We were back to zero.

Only since February 25, 2022 have we had electricity and internet back and are able to accommodate again.

And now the disappointment after so many setbacks. AIRBNB will review and re-evaluate Superhost criteria on April 2022. It will be impossible to get the required overnight stays. That means many will lose our Superhost status and it's not the fault of us.  

It is absolutely unfair and incorrect that AIRBNB requires criteria that cannot be reach by natural events. I've been a superhost for years and I want to stay that way. I feel left alone here by AIRBNB. in addition to the damage now also the mockery. 

For all affected superhosts in the damaged area, the evaluation should be canceled again, as with Covid. It would help us get back to normal.

My mother tongue is German and I apologize for any mistakes.

Peter Coray

Peter Coray
3 Replies 3
Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Peter-and-Rowena0

I'm really sorry to hear that this typhoon caused so much lasting damage. I hope you and your loved ones were safe at the time, and that most of the damages are now repaired or will soon be! I will make sure to relay your feedback on the Superhost criteria and how it could be improved to the team. 

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience and concerns with us here!

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Emilie

Since February 27. we have electric back. An i am Happy also the booking starts again.  ARBNB told me, that they make a special and we not loose Super Host. We will see. 

My regards

Peter

Peter Coray
Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

That's great news, thanks for letting us know @Peter-and-Rowena0! I'm glad both electricity and bookings are back, what a relief it must be after everything you've gone through. 🙂

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines