Superhost Status 9 vs 10 stays

Kathleen302
Level 3
Ithaca, NY

Superhost Status 9 vs 10 stays

I currently have 9 completed stays and all other Superhost criteria met. I have a booking for 12/23/21-1/3/22, which at this point will be the 10th stay. Since the criteria is for 10 completed stays, I'm guessing that this won't count as the 10th due to it not being completed before 12/31/21, and that I'll have to wait for the April 2022 assessment? I'm wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation and what their experience was. I ask because I'm considering a promotion to try to get another booking between now and 12/23 to try to get the 10th completed stay in. Appreciate any advice. Thanks!

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Kathleen302 Correct, it has to be a completed stay. This is because the rating the guest leaves would not be available to count towards the Superhost criteria. 

Trying to get another booking by offering a promotion might be a good idea, but make sure it's not at such a low price that it attracts bad guests who might be problematic and leave a low star review that would tank your rating and also disqualify you. 

Superhost really isn't a big deal and you should be careful not to try to acheive it by doing things that would be detrimenntal to you in other ways.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Sarah977  That's a great idea.  I see that @Kathleen302  has this coming weekend open so she could do a custom discount and that will give a bump in search results and maybe get a weekend booking.

I agree w/Sarah though that Superhost is not that much of a deal and doesn't really confer much advantage.