Superhost Status Error

Laura1421
Level 2
Ontario, CA

Superhost Status Error

Hello,

Has anyone run into errors where the super host status is different on your progress compared to your actual rating? I meet all fo the requirements but they are not adjusting the dashboard. It shows as 4.7 and my rating is 4.89. I have no cancellations and 100% response rate.  

When they called me back they said that it is because as a host I did not stay (vacation) 10 times as a guest.  Since when did the calculation of 10 stays minimum or 100 nights change to be a travelling requirement for hosts? I’m extremely concerned that this is impacting others as well. 

Any help on this would be appreciated!

5 Replies 5
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

That's a weird answer you received, @Laura1421 . Not all hosts are guests. Not all superhosts are guests. Our guest ratings have nothing to do with our host ratings. At least they have not yet!

The difference in ratings - 4.7 vs 4.89 - may have to do with your overall rating vs the time period for which superhost is being calculated. 

Could it be that?

Laura1421
Level 2
Ontario, CA

Thank you for this tip!  I’m really confused because it all lines up. They then indicated that it is 10 stays per quarter or 100 nights but there are no quarters in a year with 100 days in it! I’ll post if I hear back. It’s a bit frustrating. 😞

Yes, it is confusing, @Laura1421 . It's not you.

So, the 100 days or 10 stays are over a year. Not over a quarter. But superhost is given quarterly. If you cancel in the quarter, you lose it. 

The overall rating is over the year. So your 4.87 is for all the years you have been hosting, but your 4.7 is for the past year, and that's what counts. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Laura1421  The Airbnb rep you talked to either gave you totally incorrect information, or you misunderstood. The 10 stays requirement is the number of guests you host, and has nothing to do with staying as a guest. 

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Laura1421Your superhost scores are calculated on a rolling assessment over the course of 1 year. Your listing's overall rating is calculated from all scores since the creation of your listing. 

For example (based on your #'s above):

right now we are in the assessment period from April 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020. So your overall score since you started Airbning is 4.89 but this past year (April 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020) your guests have rated you 4.7 overall. 

Does that make sense?