Superhost Travel Bonus - April 2020

Jude7
Level 10
Rhinebeck, NY

Superhost Travel Bonus - April 2020

I have always enjoyed the $100 yearly travel perk as a Superhost bonus, and have looked forward to receiving it and to treating myself to a weekend away, or using it to upgrade a stay I am already planning.  I'm assuming the award I just received that expires in June of this year is a mistake?

This is what I just received:

You chose $100 travel coupon. Your travel coupon must be used for a single reservation and expires on Jun 30, 2020. It isn’t transferable to friends or family—we hope you’ll use the credit to treat yourself!  Once you confirm your selection, it can’t be changed.
20 Replies 20

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0  Reallocated to the host? Hahahaha. In your dreams.

@Cathryn1  Like they disappeared the original payout info for the COVID cancellations so hosts couldn't figure out for themselves which bookings would qualify for the 25% refund? Like they disappeared their original EC policy when they revamped it to include pandemics and you couldn't find it again unless you had a screenshot of the old policy? Yep, they're good at disappearing things they don't want you to be able to document. I've taken to screenshoting anything I think might be needed in the future.

@Sarah977 

Reallocated to the host? Hahahaha. In your dreams.

Hahahaha, I have low expectations Sarah, but there’s serious money going missing there which no host will ever see despite being generated by their listings.

Screenshot this to remember and prove we notice these things! 📷 

@Airbnb 

@Sarah977 

Do you have this one? If not, keep it, we'll trade later.

Endemic.jpeg

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0  No, I never screenshot that. I happen to think that refunding guests for the  reason of a pandemic was the right move, but I seriously object to the way Airbnb disappears past policies so that hosts can't claim that they acted outside of the policy that was in place when the bookings were made.

@Sarah977 @Ian-And-Anne-Marie0  I will certainly be keeping a screenshot of all policy messages I receive from Airbnb in future for both hosting & travelling.

Have just tried to let Airbnb know that the Superhost bonus has been of no use to us as we haven't stayed with Airbnb since 2018, have more than adequate wifi, use local cleaning products and have not found any Airbnb Experience of interest or suitable for our ages. However, the emails bounced so am airing my opinion here.