Superhost reviews problems

Leila312
Level 2
Canmore, Canada

Superhost reviews problems

As you all know, The Covid period was a tough time for us, hosts, as well as Airbnb. But my situation turned out to be more complicated. I have a loft that I have been renting since 2017; I had around 90 great reviews. 

Now after Covid, all my reviews disappeared from my Loft listing and went to another listing. I have proof of that and I am willing to contact each and every one of my past guests to confirm as well. 

The Airbnb staff refuses to accept the mistake since they can’t be wrong, but I will easily prove that they are by requesting statements from all our guests. 

As you all know we work hard for every time we receive a guest, each review has a value that I don’t take for granted. Due to their reviews I’ve been a superhost from the beginning. This mistake has to be acknowledged and fixed. 

I doubt that this computer glitch has only happened to me. I suggest that each one of you go through all your reviews and make sure they are all there. We never think to check this, but I guess I just learned that now I should. 

Are you also a victim of this computer glitch? It’s up to you to check and make sure they are all there. I found that the mistake started on the payout listing. 

Good luck everyone

Leila S, Canmore

Superhost since 2017

43 Replies 43

I am so upset that I didn’t reply correctly. I did make a new listing for the main house on 2019. Then I kept on my profile as unlisted and forgot all about it. 

The loft remained on my profile, never changed anything. It was a second listing. 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Leila312 

Reviews are attached to a listing number. The listing nr of your current listing (The loft) is: 46562243.

The listingnr of your second listing (The main house) i can not see, as the listing is not active (but you can find it)

All reviews arre in your profile and in your account under:

https://www.airbnb.com/users/reviews

The reviews on your profile are not  headed by the listing they belong to (useally mentioned above the month the review is written).

So it seems the relation between the review and the listingnumber has gone.

No idea if Airbnb is able to (manually) correct this.

If you really want all older reviews in the listing, then convert the inactive "main house" listing (as you mentioned all reviews are in there, except recent 4) into a new "loft" listing and publish it.

But as all reviews are still visible on your profile, maybe continue hosting with current listing and mention in the description " older reviews can be found in my profile" (or whatever text suits best).

Thanks Emiel, Airbnb refused to investigate deeper and just kept saying that I don’t have those reviews.

Since I am not a lier and have no intention to start now for the sake of Airbnb and their lack of interest to solve a problem from someone has been superhost from day 1; I decided to deactivate that listing, therefore lose all the 94 reviews that I worked so hard to make it. 

It was a loss battle. Airbnb was never trying to help me, they are too big and I am a nobody. So it is. The big company wins as usual. Soon I will remove my other listing where I should have had all my 84 reviews. I will finish my obligations since the upcoming guests that have booked in advance should not pay for Airbnb lack of respect and attention to their superhosts. 

@Leila312 “Soon I will remove my other listing where I should have had all my 84 reviews.”

I think you’re being a little fatalistic here and giving Airbnb far too much power over you. Go ahead and leave Airbnb if you must, as that’s your choice to make, of course. But your reviews can still be seen on your profile, and guests can still book to come enjoy your wonderful hospitality. There is no reason whatsoever that only having 4 reviews on the listing itself will deter people. And there is nowhere to go but up. Best of luck to you, whatever you decide.

The world is definitely not going to end. 

When I deactivated that listing it clearly asked several times if I really wanted to do that since all the info, photos and reviews will be gone. 

As you mentioned and I concur, I am leaving Airbnb, It’s my choice, I am following my conscience. I agree with you that I can only go up from here. 

My main shock, which is likely due to my naivety,  was the lack of support and interest I received at their call center.

Like I said, I am learning but by all means I don’t regret what I did for my guests for the past 6 years.

My respect, attention to detail and support during their stay it was not Airbnb. It was me. That experience and knowledge nobody can’t take away from me. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Leila312  I think you have got a little confused the reviews are attached to your profile not to the listing. There isn't a mistake. All your reviews will show on whichever listings you have which are live. 

Actually no Helen , here is my listing, if you scroll to the end, it only shows 4 reviews. I lost 80 of them. 

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/46562243?preview_for_ml=true&source_impression_id=p3_1638126706_VhMO5VeU...

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Helen3 Not quite true. Whilst all reviews are available only 4 or 5 show up against the 'loft' listing. The rest are usually for other properties rented by the host. Who knows what has happened here.

That’ a very good point Mike! People who has a lot of reviews are not always checking if the reviews are there. We take for granted that they are. Not anymore. 

If you have a lot of reviews and are counting on them to help rent your place, we now should start tracking and making sure Airbnb is not disappearing them on cyber space! 😱

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Leila312 Did you delete the loft listing when you created the listing for the entire house, and then recreate it when you ceased renting the entire house?

Regardless of what happened, your reviews still exist on your profile. It’s easy enough for potential guests to see your hosting track record by viewing your profile. I’m not sure that contacting your previous guests will be a worthwhile endeavor. 

Leila312
Level 2
Canmore, Canada

I never deleted the loft listing. I only added the Romantic getaway in 2019 ( now I feel like it’s more hell getaway for me)😃

Not sure how I have sense of humor here!!!

Leila312
Level 2
Canmore, Canada

You all know the attention spam of someone looking for a place. They see 4 reviews, they move on fast…

Leila312
Level 2
Canmore, Canada

All after Covid. It makes you wonder if a lot of people were fired and the new staff made some changes on Airbnb algorithm…

@Leila312  Nothing to wonder about. They let thousands of support staff go and now their customer service is all farmed out to a third party contractor with clueless reps who know nothing and give out bad advice.

It’s true and people like us, who is the reason Airbnb was a success, are ignored and pay the price.

Well, I am out. I deleted one listing and as soon as I finish my obligations of the other listings I will 

delete the other one.

I am not going to let the upcoming guests down like Airbnb did to me. Guests should not pay for their mistakes.