Superhost reviews problems

Leila312
Level 2
Canmore, Canada

Superhost reviews problems

As you all know, The Covid period was a tough time for us, hosts, as well as Airbnb. But my situation turned out to be more complicated. I have a loft that I have been renting since 2017; I had around 90 great reviews. 

Now after Covid, all my reviews disappeared from my Loft listing and went to another listing. I have proof of that and I am willing to contact each and every one of my past guests to confirm as well. 

The Airbnb staff refuses to accept the mistake since they can’t be wrong, but I will easily prove that they are by requesting statements from all our guests. 

As you all know we work hard for every time we receive a guest, each review has a value that I don’t take for granted. Due to their reviews I’ve been a superhost from the beginning. This mistake has to be acknowledged and fixed. 

I doubt that this computer glitch has only happened to me. I suggest that each one of you go through all your reviews and make sure they are all there. We never think to check this, but I guess I just learned that now I should. 

Are you also a victim of this computer glitch? It’s up to you to check and make sure they are all there. I found that the mistake started on the payout listing. 

Good luck everyone

Leila S, Canmore

Superhost since 2017

43 Replies 43
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Leila312  Hello neighbor. What you describe is so very odd. Glitches on this platform are certainly not unheard of. In an effort to understand more though, I have a few questions. You say “…all my reviews disappeared from my Loft listing and went to another listing.”

Which listing did they go to? You only have one it seems. I do see many reviews on your profile. Are those all the missing reviews you’re referring to? Indeed they are not under your loft listing. You have 4 reviews there. 

“I found that the mistake started on the payout listing.”

Could you clarify what you mean by this?

Hi Colleen, thanks for your help but I lost the battle. Airbnb is not willing to help me nor investigate my problem. Since I am not keeping a listing with 92 reviews that never took place, I deactivated completely that listing. Together with the deactivation goes all my 94 reviews that I worked so hard to make. 

Well, I will move on. 6 years of reviews down the bridge and I didn’t learn a lesson since I did nothing wrong. It was their mistake and lack of courage to accept that their computer made a mistake or someone new in their office did. 

The big company always win, let’s face it. We are nobody in the grand scheme of things. 

Leila312
Level 2
Canmore, Canada

Thanks for getting back to me so promptly. Since I joined Airbnb I only had one listing. The loft. Then one summer 2019 I decided to rent my main house instead of the loft. 

I rented my house, listing named for Canmore Romantic getaway for a few times during the summer. I never rented again, period. 

The loft has been renting since 2017 and had tons of reviews, eventually on 2020, all the loft reviews went to my other listing that has been unlisted ever since and didn’t exist before 2019, 

Now the main house shows listing from 2017 when that house was never online. Bottom line I lost at least 80 reviews which are now on my unlisted main house. 

Since Airbnb is not accepting my situation since their computer can’t be wrong. I am going to contact 90 clients and ask an statement from all of them Quite an arduous job. 

But if Airbnb keeps looking for answers in the payouts listing, it will show always what the computer switched. At least it did switch to a listing under my name, but a place that I am never going to to rent again. It’s my main house, where I live with my mother who is 86 years old. 

Trust me, I suggest you check carefully all your reviews, especially if you happen to have the bad luck of having one more listing under your name. That was where my problem seemed to have started…

Leila

Leila

Leila312
Level 2
Canmore, Canada

Sorry Colleen, I didn’t answer your question about the payout listing. If you go to Menu, there’s an option called “Transaction History”. If you open that page, below it says Completed Payouts and Upcoming Payouts. 

I found that page one of the most important one for me, especially during tax season. It gives you exactly how much you made and regarding what listing. 

Then I went to check the 2017 payouts, they are all for my main house, none for the loft. And there it goes. All my reviews since 2017 when I made the mistake of creating a listing under my profile…

Of course, in order to find the mistake, Airbnb will have to read all the emails since 2017 where the word loft is often used as well as the reviews from 2017 and on where the guests also mentioned the word loft. 

According to Airbnb my loft was not even listed on 2017! How frustrating is that? 

Leila312
Level 2
Canmore, Canada

I will give an example to make the situation more clear, below is a photo of an exchange message that I had with a guest, Robert. You will see, right below Robert name, Airbnb put when he was booked as well as where. Canmore Romantic getaway ( the name of my main house listing ). 

You will see below, my explanation about the loft, making it clear that he was staying at the loft. 

Back then his Airbnb description at the top didn’t have Canmore Romantic Getaway; it was the loft. I check everything extremely careful and I would have complained to Airbnb that was booked to stay with me was listed to stay somewhere else. 

76BCF5A9-1765-4ACD-865C-BDC5DA7E8BF7.jpegF4C7EA0F-94C8-4B79-A304-DF6AAD283F65.jpeg

Leila312
Level 2
Canmore, Canada

Here is another example of a guest who stayed in 2018 at the loft and showing at the top as staying in another place

Leila312
Level 2
Canmore, Canada

Now the program is not letting me upload… so frustrating 

Leila312
Level 2
Canmore, Canada

Main issue here, I can’t be the only one with computer errors. Everyone please keep track of your reviews. It might be happening to you and you are not even noticing. 

Leila312
Level 2
Canmore, Canada

6AFF63C8-78FA-49EA-A276-6B6AF2DD5147.jpeg

Leila312
Level 2
Canmore, Canada

Above is the message that shows the mistake clearly 

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

"After covid"?

Absolutely after Covid! 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Leila312 

Did you create a new listing for the main house or did you change the "loft"-listing (keeping same iistingnumber) ?

No I didn’t. I never even thought of the main house anymore. I only did because I was alone and bored, so why not. 

Never plan to do again. Then I forgot that listing on the site, it has been unlisted for a long time.