Superhost reviews problems

Leila312
Level 2
Canmore, Canada

Superhost reviews problems

As you all know, The Covid period was a tough time for us, hosts, as well as Airbnb. But my situation turned out to be more complicated. I have a loft that I have been renting since 2017; I had around 90 great reviews. 

Now after Covid, all my reviews disappeared from my Loft listing and went to another listing. I have proof of that and I am willing to contact each and every one of my past guests to confirm as well. 

The Airbnb staff refuses to accept the mistake since they can’t be wrong, but I will easily prove that they are by requesting statements from all our guests. 

As you all know we work hard for every time we receive a guest, each review has a value that I don’t take for granted. Due to their reviews I’ve been a superhost from the beginning. This mistake has to be acknowledged and fixed. 

I doubt that this computer glitch has only happened to me. I suggest that each one of you go through all your reviews and make sure they are all there. We never think to check this, but I guess I just learned that now I should. 

Are you also a victim of this computer glitch? It’s up to you to check and make sure they are all there. I found that the mistake started on the payout listing. 

Good luck everyone

Leila S, Canmore

Superhost since 2017

43 Replies 43
Leila312
Level 2
Canmore, Canada

Today I lost it all. It is a sad day. I just wanted to say that it was an honor to be a great host for my guests. I don’t care that Airbnb just left me hanging the only time I had a problem. I don’t care being called superhost from day 1. 

I never did it for Airbnb. I always did for my guests. I love seeing how happy they looked to find a safe haven after long trips. Some arriving from all the way from Australia, Japan, all over the world. 

They were my main concern, I will carry on being the same happy hostess that I always was and that would never change. Those reviews wasn’t prove of my service, they were just comments from guests, friends. My way of treating guests will never change. It’s me. It’s the way I am. I am proud of myself.

I will take that with me wherever I go or whoever I shall start working for. 

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

As of this minute, I see 90 reviews. @Leila312 

That doesn’t make sense. I deleted the listing where the reviews were! Could my messages arrived to someone who decided to do something about it? Customer service told me they were all gone. 

I will check! Thanks, I wasn’t even bothering to check anymore. 

@Leila312  Your reviews are attached to your profile. All of them. It doesn't matter if you delete your listing, as long as you have an Airbnb account, all your reviews will stay there.

It's up to you, but it seems like quitting hosting simply because there's a glitch on your account, which will likely get remedied if you just give it some time, is quite extreme. 

Only having 4 reviews on the listing itself isn't going to lose you bookings, and guests can still read all the rest of your reviews by looking at your profile. I know it's a frustrating situation, but it's not that big a deal and if you are patient and keep trying to get a techie to fix it, it will probably get fixed. These things take time.

unfortunately I don’t agree. The way I was treated the entire weekend by Airbnb was really unacceptable. 

I have been a superhost since the very beginning. Never caused a problem, never created a problem. Now that they clearly made mistake, they don’t bother to investigate especially when I showed them the answers right in front of them. 

They can’t accept that their computer made a mistake. They act like they are infallible, guess what? Nobody is. Today they proved that. 

Leila312
Level 2
Canmore, Canada

Just checked, it clearly shows 4. No worries, time to move on. 

@Leila312 The reviews are all on your PROFILE, not the listing. Anyone can still read them. Look there, not your listing.

4CB259EB-A142-468F-B715-4DFE6DA1D837.jpeg

I understand that. It has been like that starting 2021; when Airbnb screwed up my listings. Please understand that I only have one real listing. The loft.  I have been renting the loft since 2016. It should have there 84 reviews. 

Now if you open the loft, it shows 4. 

The potential client is not looking other properties that you might have. They wish to rent the loft. Th’e loft has only 4; that’s all they care about it. They don’t want to know my other properties since they are not going there. 

I am saying that since I have booked as a guest as well. When I am looking for a place I want to know what people think about the place, the location of that place. Not other properties that the host might have. 

@Leila312  You still aren't understanding. Most of the reviews on your profile now are for the Loft, not "other properties" right?

So just say in your listing description that there was a technical glitch on your account and that the 80 reviews you had for the loft disappered from the listing page, but can stiil be read by clicking on your profile.

And yes, guests do read other reviews for a host's other properties or on their profile if there aren't many reviews on the listing page, because hosts are pretty consistent as far as the kind of reviews and ratings they earn across all their properties. And  that's what guests want to know- are you a good host with happy guests.

Good point. I will write on my loft description that Airbnb made a mistake with the reviews and read below the other reviews. Temporarily solution until I am out of here! 

By the way, you can’t see my other reviews anymore. Just the 4. The other 84 can’t be found anymore. 

@Leila312  Yes, Leila, I see all your 90 reviews on your profile. Where are you looking?

@Leila312 

DF94A17C-4B23-4DA0-A224-CFA0C5FC9DCB.jpeg