Superhost status glitch or discrepancy

Michelle1164
Level 10
Clearwater, KS

Superhost status glitch or discrepancy

My husband and I have 2 listings. In both instances he is the listing administrator and I am the co-host listed as the primary host. I have noticed when searching our listings that only one is showing up with Superhost status. Why is this? Since my husband is the listing admin for both listing and Superhost status is based on his account, shouldn't this badge be showing up on both listings in the search engine? If this is correct, why then does it only show up on our "Up Up Away at a Peace of Oz" listing when being searched? Should it not also be showing up on our "Peace of Oz" listing when being searched? "Peace of Oz" was our first listing and is the listing that got us Superhost status in the first place? Furthermore, when I browse through both listings and click on either my husband's picture or my picture in the hosted by section, both of our accounts show Superhost status this way. Is there something I am missing or is the a glitch or discrepancy in the system? 

Here are links to both of our listings so you can check it out for yourselves.

"Peace of Oz" https://airbnb.com/h/peace-of-oz

"Up Up Away at a Peace of Oz" https://airbnb.com/h/up-up-away-at-a-peace-of-oz

Is this something I need I should tag a CC admin on or call CS about? Thanks Michelle

“It’s not where you go, it’s who you meet along the way.” Wizard of Oz
5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Michelle1164 

When using the "superhost"filter none of the listings is showing up.

You can test it yourself:

All options:

https://www.airbnb.com/s/homes?host_id=184532548&map_toggle=true

With Superhost filter:

https://www.airbnb.com/s/homes?host_id=184532548&map_toggle=true&superhost=true

Best regards,

Emiel

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Michelle1164 @Emiel1 

I see both listings labeled with "superhost".  Only one includes this among the highlights Airbnb randomly chooses to display at the top of the listing. (The other displays "clean and tidy" instead.) John's profile displays the superhost badge and Michelle's does not. That's how it works; the listing admin gets the superhost status regardless of who is the primary host. Everything here looks normal.

@Emiel1 , @Lisa723  Thank you for looking for me. I understand that superhost status is linked to my husband’s account, no issues there. What I am curious about is why do listings not display superhost info the same if both listing are set up the exact same way? My husband’s superhost status is in good standing so why can guests no longer use superhost filter to find our listings? Or why does superhost no longer display in upper left corner on map search or when scrolling through other listings in the area? Something has changed or there is a discrepancy in the system if you can see superhost one way but not another. This is why I’m beginning to wonder if it’s tied to primary host in some way. I thought the advantage to primary hosting was to help streamline communication.(which it does) So it shouldn’t be affecting other things should it? 

Michelle1164
Level 10
Clearwater, KS

Well it appears there may be some connection. A couple of days ago I switched my husband back to the primary host on both of your listings, to see what would happen. Suddenly today the superhost tag appeared again and now potential guests can do a superhost filter search and find our listings again too. I hope this doesn't mess up communication with guests, since I am the one who does all the communication with guests.

I would prefer to have one account my husband and I share. But there was no way to allow both of us to get all the guest communications when we 1st set up that way. So after doing much reading here on the CC I opened up my own account and made myself co-host, but listed as the primary host. (Since I am the one guests should expect all communication to come from.) Until a few weeks ago all was well. I checked to see if maybe my husband was no longer meeting the superhost requirements (even though they have been waived right now due to COVID), but all was good there.

Anyway all this to say, it appears that in order to have the perks of superhost status show up on your listings, the listing administrator needs to also be the primary host, since superhost status follows the listing administrator. Otherwise algorithms pull information from the co-host account.

Marjie6
Level 2
Columbus, OH

This is a new question. I can not seem to start one another way. My superhost status is NOT showing on my listing. I have maintained superhost for 2 years running. How can I fix this?