Superhost status unfairly revoked

Kerry175
Level 2
Lake Country, Canada

Superhost status unfairly revoked

Airbnb revoked my superhost status saying I didn't have the required 10 stays during the past year. We were mostly closed due to covid travel restrictions, however we did have exactly 10 stays. I went on their support chat and some guy asked me if I had checked the "Performance section", which I have been unable to find, then he vanished for good. Very poor support, I think I'll just remove all my listings.

7 Replies 7
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Kerry175  you should have 10 FINISHED stays, between July 1.2020 - Jun 30.2021. If your last, 10th reservation was still ongoing on Jun 30. then it doesn't count.

Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Kerry175    The number of stays and cancellation rate criteria have been waived until December 2021.   You still need to have at least a 90% response rate and 4.8 average. 

https://www.airbnb.com/resources/hosting-homes/a/updates-to-the-2021-superhost-assessments-257

Perhaps check your other stats. 

I had the number of stays correct at 10 and as you note they have waived that anyways. But they seem to have it in for me as when I pointed this out to them they changed their mind about how bad I was and said I had a poor response rate (note the response rate below). As "proof" they sent me three messages that they said I didn't respond to. Two of them had very prompt responses from me, within hours, and the other was a day late as I had been unable to log in (I didn't have my home computer with me). My rate has to be at least 99%. This is the second screw up from them, the first being that they accidentally cancelled my entire year's reservations and told everyone that I had cancelled them (which led to some angry emails). They were unable to reinstate them so I had to wait for each person to get their refund (about a month) and then have them rebook. I'm so done with Airbnb.

2021-07-05.png

@Kerry175     That's the new assessment period. The previous one,  July 1 2020 - June 30 2021, the most recent one,  isn't showing up on my screen right now - it says "Assessment in Progress".  

Does anything show up under your "Basic Requirements" tab ?

You may have to wait until the assessment is completed, and the stats pop up again, to see if possibly the numbers get adjusted. 

By the way, to get the stats for the new period to update, you can try to select the Apr 1, 2020 - Mar 31 2021 period, from the drop down, and then go back to the new period and see if the stats update (desktop computer). Looks like it's all still a work in progress. 

Thanks, they sure do want to make it complicated, don't they. Anyways, as I said, I'm done with them. I've blocked all my calendars and will just rent by word of mouth, which is how I get most renters anyways.

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

https://www.airbnb.ca/performance/opportunities

Scroll down to 'Superhost', @Kerry175  As Michelle said...

@Colleen253  Thanks for adding the part I forgot ! Where to find the stats 😉