Superhosts are supposed to get free airbnb magazine right?

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

Superhosts are supposed to get free airbnb magazine right?

I've been a superhost for 2 years running and have only ever received 1 airbnb magazine and that was the very 1st issue long ago. 

I am pretty sure I read that due to a recent change, one of the perks of being a superhost was I'd receive the airbnb magazine for free. I have not received one. 

Is anyone else getting them for free now? 

19 Replies 19
J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I did not know it. 

I have not received any Airbnb Magazine so far.

I believe that the mazine it was to promote Airbnb among traveler by giving it away.

Is this magazine still circulating in printed version?

Lisa1480
Level 4
Ottawa, IL

I'm fairly new, but have made Superhost 2 Quarters in a row now and have not received any magazines.  I'm kinda old school and would really prefer something in my hands to look through.  The more I dig into the site and learn, I swear, the stupider I become.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Donald28  Same here-over 2 years hosting, Superhost since near the beginning, never got any magazine, didn't even get the map (whatever it was, I saw host comments that it was pointless) they claimed they rewarded us with during Superhost week.

Lisa1480
Level 4
Ottawa, IL

Me again, I had to call customer service about something else and I asked about the magazine and I was told there is no mention of it being free for Superhosts, only that it is $15.  It is also not listed as one of the perks in my Superhost email.....where they tell you what the perks are

There was a video done recently by the young guy that owns airbnb. He sat on stage on a stool and talked about changes that he was making to airbnb to make it a better place for hosts. I AM 100% CERTAIN THAT I HEARD HIM SAY THAT ALL SUPERHOSTS WOULD BE GETTING THE AIRBNB MAGAZINE FOR FREE AS A PERK.

If someone can find that video from maybe 6 months ago or so and watch it, you will see I'm right. 

I'm certain because I watched the video with my husband and remarked that it was my idea! I was so proud of myself. LOL!  I had been posting about this for over a  year now that the magazine should be a perk for superhosts.

Maybe they're back-tracking on that promise now that they've done the math and realized it was going to cost them X AMOUNT of dollars to print and mail so many magazines for free. 

@Donald28 They sit on those stools and promise all kinds of things that never come to pass.

I think he's sitting on a pile of faeces with the amount of BS that comes out his mouth.

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

its in this video somewhere ...i think! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbqCIboC4ro

Valerie192
Level 10
Inglewood, CA

Hi @Donald28 - Lizzie said in another thread to ensure that your profile has an address included. I checked and mine was blank so I added my address so hopefully that will do the trick to receive the magazine.

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Donald28 I’ve received magazine several times (it certainly something I would never pay for!). If you haven’t seen it you haven’t missed much

@Kelly149   I had to laugh when I read that you could buy it for $15. I've never seen one, but I can't imagine paying $15 to read something that I assume amounts to patting themselves on the back and continuing the now false rhetoric about how caring and sharing they are.

@Sarah977 do you remember when Cape Town was in their countdown to DAY ZERO? Was a worldwide news story (had been ongoing since 2013) where they were concerned the whole place was going to run out of water.

This was a big deal. Huge city that was potentially going to turn off the taps in approx April 2018 bc they were out of water.

The Spring 2018 ABB mag that was mailed to my house had a featured destination city on the cover....

CAPE TOWN 

So, this @Donald28 is what you're missing: recommendations for cities that if you visit, you'll be reusing dish water for flushing toilets & taking 30 second showers or sponge baths.

*good news for Cape Town, as of Sept 2018, the water levels had risen and crisis is currently averted

@Kelly149, I thought the same thing when I saw that issue! Haha

It would be nice to put in my tinyhouse for guests to read. I don't care about it personally... unless they put me in it! LOL