Supporting Hosts with Disabilities

Answered!
Nanette42
Level 3
Hedgesville, WV

Supporting Hosts with Disabilities

Hello Community,

I am a new host.  I have had a property under management.  But, now, I've taken the big leap and am "progressing" to doing what I want to do, be the host myself. I figured it was my capital, my taste and design, why am I paying these folks to not do a good job, right? 🙂 

I have had a hard beginning, finding out how much the little things mean, like having software done right etc.  when you have individual challenges. 

I am also a person with some disabilities for which I am other-ly abled.  My able does not always find a way, I am learning, with the tech/bot write your own flow platforms like AirBnb. 

Let me state clearly, I am not complaining about the technology, far from it.  I love technology and my education was in it.

Here's my question:

What am I missing?  AirBnb certainly wants to be diverse and accessible.  So, can someone help me find the section of how AirBnb assists hosts who are like me?  I am sure that the company does, because it advertises and asks for accessibility for paying guests, right?  Certainly they know we are an entire community and that trade runs two ways?

Anyone?  I know it's just that I can't find it, right?

Nanette & Co.
1 Best Answer
Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Nanette42

Welcome to the Community, it's great meeting you!

Airbnb offers free classes that might be very helpful to you. By following this link, you can sign up for a webinar where you'll be able to ask a Superhost questions.

Also, the Community is a great place for asking for help and advice. It's filled with experienced members who are always happy to support fellow Hosts.

I hope this helps. Best of luck on your new journey 😊

Thanks,

Liv

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Nanette42  You haven't been clear about in what ways, exactly, Airbnb could make it easier for you as a disabled host.

Can you give some specific examples of what would be beneficial to you?

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Nanette42

Welcome to the Community, it's great meeting you!

Airbnb offers free classes that might be very helpful to you. By following this link, you can sign up for a webinar where you'll be able to ask a Superhost questions.

Also, the Community is a great place for asking for help and advice. It's filled with experienced members who are always happy to support fellow Hosts.

I hope this helps. Best of luck on your new journey 😊

Thanks,

Liv

Thank you!  I will do this.  I did not know about the classes.  Thank you Thank you @Liv 

Nanette & Co.
Ted--Pauline-And-Keo0
Host Advisory Board Member
Keaau, HI

Hi @Nanette42, I know you posted this last year, but just wanted to check in how your experience has been as a host with a disability since this post.  I'm also a host with a disability.

Pauline Aughe
Big Island of Hawai'i, USA
Host Advisory Board

Aloha Pauline 

I have thought about your question.

It has been difficult, but I have learned. Noticing your position, I need to add that it would be difficult to provide a different kind of assistance to me than what I have received. And I am going to try and get re-add the the 2nd property again. But this time, I will know better what needs said and done.

I question what challenges would be different if my education were not in IT, and I did not have lots of support. I do not believe I would have survived.

This makes me sad, because hosting is a good home based way for people like me to be more self determined. And to be a creator in a creator economy, where diversity and equity meet with value and synergy.

I hope ABb thinks about implementing, assisting tools in its AI, and a vol. mentoring program perhaps? 

Be well! 🙂 

Aloha, Pauline. Thank you.

Nanette 

Nanette & Co.