Suspect Guest is Booking on Behalf of Someone Else.

Zikh0
Level 2
Milton, Canada

Suspect Guest is Booking on Behalf of Someone Else.

I host a space that allows small events, and I recently had a guest inquire about the space but I declined them as they had very bad reviews and a low rating. Within minutes of the decline, a new inquiry appeared for the space for the exact same date and this user was brand new to Airbnb with no reviews. I was a little suspicious as the guest is also from the same location as the other guest. I know I can always decide whether or not to decline the guest, but I wanted to know if I was being too suspicious? 

3 Replies 3
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

I have been a member and contributor to this forum for over 4 years and if there is one best piece of advice that is posted over and over, it is:  Trust your own gut instincts.

Thanks so much, Linda for your reply. The other guest seems rather insistent now, and I am going to go with my gut regarding this inquiry. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Zikh0  You don't have to decline a Inquiry, which will lower your acceptance rate. All you have to do is message back within 24 hours to fulfill your obligations. Inquiries differ from Booking Requests- the Requests you do have to either accept or decline within 24 hours.