Suspended without any notice when there's war in my country!

Ivan1882
Level 2
Odesa, Ukraine

Suspended without any notice when there's war in my country!

What a shame, Airbnb. There's war in my country (Ukraine). I started getting charity bookings from people around the world. That motivated me to use all the 30 rooms to host refugees for free. After a few days, I'm not receiving any payout from Airbnb. And then - boom - I find all my listings suspended. 

Calling and chatting to them brought zero result. 

What a shame! 

Who could help, people? I'm trying to help our refugees!  

3 Replies 3
Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@Ivan1882 I suspect it is because you have multiple listings and/or rooms available.  The ‘charity’ bookings were initially started to help out home share hosts with single listings as it was perceived that they would be the ones in greatest need of help.  General advice was to avoid management companies in order to ensure that lots of money would not go to a single individual rather than be spread about.  However, you are being extremely generous housing refugees for ‘free’ as so many are right now.  I applaud you all and hope you remain safe in these extremely difficult and sad times.

Thanks you for your useless applauds. 

Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@Ivan1882  I am sorry you feel this way.  As stated before and in many places throughout this forum Hosts and others are donating to single home-share hosts and those without multiple listings as a priority.  I understand that Airbnb have been very busy scrutinising new listings, particularly multiple ones to ensure that they are genuine and nobody is taking advantage of this kindness.  You increased your listings from 2 to 30, and I suspect this is the problem here.  You have been extremely kind offering to host your fellow countrymen ‘for free’ as have so many other Airbnb Hosts globally, particularly in neighbouring countries.  Those that have been unable to provide help this way or are unable to afford to do so are trying to get help to the Ukraine by other means.  You are all in our thoughts