Suspension for revealing guest's fake name!

Roger731
Level 2
Milan, Italy

Suspension for revealing guest's fake name!

My account was suspended today because one guest gave me a fake name.
I asked him to tell me his real name. He stopped communicating. He didn't arrive. Then he reported me.
Under YOUR rules number 12.1, people must not lie, misrepresent or pretend to be someone else.
I had had 3 guests now with fake names or they arrive at my house as somebody else!
Airbnb needs to do more to authenticate guests and NOT suspend host accounts if they insist on guest clarification

8 Replies 8
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Roger731 

Your account seems to be still active, but i can not find an active listing on it.

I'll be moving on to misterbandb instead.

Roger731
Level 2
Milan, Italy

I'm moving on to Misterbandb instead

It appears to be working now. I was able to see it and the dates available.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Roger, as far as I know, hosts in Italy are obligated to register their guests. So, you, like me, have to see their IDs or passports and take a photo or copy of it or write down their personal informations.

So I don't care what name they put on their Airbnb profiles, I just need their IDs. They usually show it to me on check-in or they send it to me in advance if part of the group arrives later.

I have it written in my house rules and you could write it too.

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Branka-and-Silvia0 I like your idea of asking for ID for proof of guests before checking in. I have been asking since February for names of guests prior to arrival and telephones numbers for registration for Covid check ins. For state rules we now we have check that they are double vaccinated. So this is bringing out honesty on both party's.

@Laurelle3  how do you check if they are vaccinated? Is there some online platform where you can check?

@Branka-and-Silvia0 our NSW state government has a Covid app which is linked to QR scanning and is also linked to our Australian government Medicare (Australian healthcare ) where you can access your covid vaccination. You can print them off for hard copy or transfer to phone which shows your name and a tick to say you are double vaccinated.

Currently we have to show we are double vaccinated to go into resturants, gyms clubs, pubs and to book into accommodation, planes and many more places.

I hope this information answers your question. Each state in Australia has different rules on lockdowns and where you can go and do. When travelling it is like going from one country in Europe into another different rules for different states that can change daily.