Suspension

Answered!
Peaches4
Level 2
United States

Suspension

HI there!

I was directed here by other superhost.  About an hour ago I called in for assistance.  I am considering selling my property which currently has 36 upcoming reservations.  I am typically booked about 90 percent any given month.     The person that was assisting me said that I could not transfer reservations to the new owners.  I also mentioned that they want to keep me on as a Co-Host.  

The weirdest thing happened... in the middle of me exploring what she was saying...  a message pops up that my account is suspended.   I immediately asked her what was going on.  I  said  message just came up that I am suspended.  Now mind you, she said she has no clue why and that she would have to get someone to call me to tell me why. 

Someone help me..  I have back to back bookings and cannot simply disappear off the platform with no way to reach out to the guest. 

Thank you, 

Peaches 

1 Best Answer
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Peaches4 , I'm so sorry to hear about this! I'm sending this to the team right away.

They'll be in touch with you soon and if I get an update in the meantime, I'll let you know!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

View Best Answer in original post

11 Replies 11
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Peaches4 , I'm so sorry to hear about this! I'm sending this to the team right away.

They'll be in touch with you soon and if I get an update in the meantime, I'll let you know!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Peaches4
Level 2
United States

Hi Sybe, 

Thank you for the reply.  After 3 phone calls to support, I reached a rep stateside.  She was able to share that it was my travel side of my account and NOT the listing side.  I am extremely confused as I have not used airbnb since 2017 to actually travel.   I still need help.  

Thank you, 

PEaches 

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

The information they gave you (that you can't transfer bookings in this way) is correct, @Peaches4, and the co-host route is effectively only a loophole in this situation, but it is alarming that your listing has been blocked.

Airbnb hate host's cancelling bookings, so maybe they've hit the 'delist' button to avoid any further damage. Whatever's happened, I hope you find resolution soon.

PS. You need to @Sybe (or anyone else for that matter) to make them aware you've responded.

Hi there, 

LONG & convoluted... 

It was not on the travel side, but on the hosting side.  A guest erroneously stated that we had a camera pointing to the hot tub.  AIRBNB investigated and found out we DID NOT have a camera that points any where near an interior anything.

My feedback to Airbnb was " how do you just suspend my listing without reaching out to me as THE HOST?  Am I guilty until proven innocent?   I gave them many many reasons why as a platform this was bad business.  There ARE ZERO repercussions for the guest, but yet my listing is INVISIBLE to someone searching whil airbnb gets their act together with the backassward process @Gordon0  @Colleen253 

Same with me! They suspended me after the problem was fixed without reaching out to me! I am done with them ! Working on another platform now. Just have ghe couple properties with avtive reservations but I am done! 

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

This is yet another example of why it can be downright hazardous to contact Airbnb Customer Circus for anything. You risk ending up suspended or delisted at worst, receiving wrong answers and misinformation at best.

Far better to come here for information instead, and then figure it out yourself. 

Call your guest there phone number should be there or text them I’m going through the same thing right now . That’s the only way or text them 

Hi there

Hi

Can't understand did you also have a suspension problem?

I think you can still contact guests! I am suspended too. They basically have so many hosts that they don’t care about them . The new owners  would need to list their house themselves, and they will reschedule bookings with others. Airbnb is not what is used to be ! I just canceled all my properties I could , still wait for someone to talk to me about active reservations . Good luck with them! 
They become very distespectful to hosts!