Switching from Host to Traveler

Leib0
Level 4
Kansas City, MO

Switching from Host to Traveler

I am a host and my Airbnb page is obviously set up as a host.  I want to try using it as a traveler/guest.  How do I switch???  And seriously, shouldn't that be the simplest frigging thing in the world, why the heck would the programmers fail to make this obvious??!?!?!  I don't get it.

78 Replies 78
Sabine42
Level 10
Tucson, AZ

Hi Leib,

there's nothing to switch, your Airbnb profile is automatically both. You can switch from hosting to travelling on the app if that's what you're looking for or maybe i'm not getting what you're having a problem with..

No, there is a function. At one point I selected "switch to traveler" and was no longer able to see my messages that had to do with hosting, not sure if it was a webpage error or that change that I made then; that's why I came into this forum, to switch it back to hosting. The app seems to be working fine but the webpage sure is acting up. I didn't mean to give a thumbs up here but cant' remove it. They're focusing too much on the app and neglecting the pc/laptop page.

I agree. Having huge problem switching back to host

Agee. Homeaway (Bookabach) is SO much  moe user friendly on my phone grrrrr

Me too!

I have done exactly the same. Switching to traveling on the app.  I can’t see my host listing and messages anymore and I cannot find anyway of reversing it back again.  The app works ok on my iPad (thank goodness) but not on my phone. Can anyone help me to switch it back again so I am in host mode and not traveling /guest mode.

thanks 

sarah

I don't use the app. Now what??

I am using the Apple Mac and I am signed in as a host. I now want to search for a holiday for me but cannot switch to traveller so I had to log in to booking dot com to search. This is totally ridiculous,

Thanks

Alan

That is not correct, despite being both you cannot easily switch from host to traveller on the app

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

It is the simplest thing - the Trips tab at the very top.

Gilda14
Level 1
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

Thank you!

But it's not the simplest the thing! If you're used to using the app this makes no sense. 

But thanks again, you saved me a lot of time and frustration. 

No "Trips" tab on my interface. (PC computer). Frustrating! 

Not anymore! Someone switched something. I have been looking for over an hour, trying different ways.

Hi there.  Same problem.  Only with the app. Tripp tab is at the bottom of the page. Clicking on it will only bring back my past trips.