Switching from Host to Traveler

Leib0
Level 4
Kansas City, MO

Switching from Host to Traveler

I am a host and my Airbnb page is obviously set up as a host.  I want to try using it as a traveler/guest.  How do I switch???  And seriously, shouldn't that be the simplest frigging thing in the world, why the heck would the programmers fail to make this obvious??!?!?!  I don't get it.

78 Replies 78
Caroline581
Level 2
North Tamborine, Australia

Thank you! Found it - although it's not necessarily the best place to put it. But now I know. 🙂

Nope. Doesn't work. It's showing that I invited myself to host and guest at the same trip. This site is freaking wonky!

Oh i see: Right-click on profile picture up in Right hand corner, and select "switch to traveling" from drop down menu. 

Yes but that is not very obvious. I think her point is valid

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

If you want to search like a TRUE traveler/guest - just log out of your account all together and then run a search.

Hi Cynthia and Chris, we are contacting you be a use I noticed you are brilliant super hosts and helpful to other people, we need your help, air bnb centre hasn't helped us yet.

We are from "Downunder",  Kerikeri, Bay of Islands , New Zealand.

We are having trouble with Instant Book, we have had this turned on for over a year and we have never had any issues  we wish to continue as we are confident we can manage our time management, and of course hopefully more bookings.

We have our requirements for instant as just using the stand requirements with Air Bnb.

We can't seem to see our listing, if we use a filter for search by instant book we don't appear.

We had a guest who instantly booked with us last week with no problem, he decided to return back to us to stay, but he had to request to book?

Our list is Kerikeri New Zealand,  Town & Country Private Guest Suite

Would you be able to offer any assistance, Thank you so very much

Kindest Regards Jason and Fleur

Thank you Cynthia and Chris. You helped me sort out my business on my new phone.  Much appreciated. Maree

James1
Level 10
SF, CA

@Leib0, The trips tab as @Marit-Anne0 suggests is what you would do in a web browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc.). The smartphone and tablet airbnb apps are different. On my recently downloaded android airbnb app, click on the 'PROFILE' icon in the lower right corner. One of the options that will pop up is a toggle between 'Hosting' and 'Traveling'. The apps operate in one of two modes, hosting or traveling. The profile is the same.

Kay110
Level 1
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Hi James I too was looking for that answer. So thank you- the panic has subsided -as I co-host as well. Regards Kay New South Wales Australia

Thank James!!!!

Your advice is correct.   It was such a head ache trying to switch back to hosting. 

Thank you! 

Will someone PLEASE answer this for those of us who use a laptop??

Jenny567
Level 2
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom

I still can't find the toggle that switches. So stuck in guest mode. Really need to be in host!
Steven523
Level 1
Wantage, United Kingdom

Well done for setting this.

Sam119
Level 1
Bondi Beach, Australia

I can't switch to hosting at all. I do remember seeing a switch to hosting option but now its gone and there is absolutly no option to change. Please help, at the moment the app is completely useless to me.