Sync frequency with external calendar and instant booking

Alistair11
Level 2
Thornton, United Kingdom

Sync frequency with external calendar and instant booking

I want to turn on instant booking but am concerned that the delay of up to an hour could allow double booking from other channels, is there a way around this?

5 Replies 5
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I am not sure it is that quick, just have IB on one channel.

David
Alistair11
Level 2
Thornton, United Kingdom

That's what I've done until now as with Booking.com there is only instant book. However I was looking to see if having instant book for AirBnB would increase bookings as I'm guessing it's the preferred option for some guests and AirBnB seem to be keen on it too.

@Alistair11

If you allow IB on two or more sites and as we know they do not instantly block out the other sooner or later you end up with a double booking.

AirBnB have some nasty penalties if you then need to cancel a booking, do not know about Booking.com.

I have seen quite a few discussions about syncing failing for odd reasons, but let us assume it is working as intended as far as I can tell there is no immediate sync when somebody IB's.

David

It is not working and I found out about that last night. I had a double booking because Air BnB synchronises its calendar every leap year. I am going to switch to "request booking" or abandon Air BnB altogether because my other channel carries 99 percent of the bookings anyway.

Has there been any more recent update to the syncing? I have the instant book turned on on multiple booking sites and am afraid of the double-booking situation.