Syncing Airbnb Calendar and Google Calendar: A Community Help Guide [UPDATED]

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Syncing Airbnb Calendar and Google Calendar: A Community Help Guide [UPDATED]

***NOTE: This Help Guide has been created using the new layout so if you have a different layout, please visit https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosts/Syncing-Airbnb-Calendar-and-Google-Calendar-A-Community-He...

One feature of Airbnb I really like is the ability to sync my Airbnb calendar with my Google Calendar and vice versa.  I have seen this topic posted several times and some people are having issues with it so here is another How To Guide.

When you sync your calendars together properly, you can add a booking from other sites or outside bookings on your Google Calendar and they will sync with the Airbnb calendar.  If you get a booking on the Airbnb calendar, it will automatically sync with your Google Calendar.  This syncing is not instant but it is fast enough for me.  I only have one listing so I will not be covering how to set this up for multiple listings which can be done..

The first thing you need to do is have a Google account and access your Google Calendar.

Step 1: Create a Calendar for Airbnb.  If you already have a calendar created, go to “Step 3”.

Go to “My calendars” and click on the down arrow and choose “Create new calendar”

cal1.png

Step 2: Give your calendar a name and then click “Create calendar”

cal2.png

Step 3: Under “Calendar Address”, choose “Change sharing settings”.

cal6.png

Step 4: In order for this calendar to sync with the Airbnb calendar, you need to choose, “Make this calendar public”.  If you only choose this box, the title of booking will show AND the details.  If you choose “Share only my free/busy information” as well, it will only show on your Airbnb calendar that you are busy.  I choose to show the details by only selecting “Make this calendar public” as I do not include any private details.

cal7.png

Step 5: You will need to get the “Calendar address” to import this calendar into the Airbnb calendar.  To do this, go to “Calendar address” and click on the “ICAL” button.  

cal5.png

Step 6: Copy the calendar address as you will need to paste this into the Airbnb “Availability Settings” section.

cal8.png

You are now ready to import this Google Calendar into your Airbnb calendar.

IMPORTING Google Calendar Into Your Listing Calendar on Airbnb

Step 1: Log into your Airbnb account, click on "Host" and then "Manage Listings" and then choose the listing you wish to set to sync your calendar to.

1.png

Step 2: Choose "Availability" from the top menu and then in the "Sync Calendars" section and choose “Import Calendar”.

1.png

Step 3: Take the “Calendar address” you copied from your Google Calendar and paste it into the “Calendar Address (URL)” Box.  Name your calendar as well.  I just use the same name I used in Google Calendar.  Then choose “Import Calendar”.

cal9.png

Step 4: Your Google Calendar will now sync with your Airbnb calendar.  To test it out, enter some dates on your Google Calendar.  Then go back into the Airbnb site and under “Availability settings”, go to your synced calendar and choose the refresh image above the trash can.  Then check you Airbnb calendar and see if the Google Event copied to your Airbnb calendar. You may need to refresh your browser to see the changes.  

cal10.png

cal12.png

cal13.png

EXPORTING Your Airbnb Calendar to Google Calendar

Step 1: Log into your Airbnb account and go to your listing calendar.  Choose “Availability Settings” from the top right hand corner and then choose “Export Calendar”.

2.png

Step 2: You will then be given an address for your Airbnb calendar.  Highlight and copy the link.

cal15.png

Step 3: Go into your Google Calendar and choose the dropdown arrow beside “Other calendars” and then select “Add by URL”

cal16.png

Step 4: Paste the Airbnb address you copied in Step 2 into the URL box and then select “Add Calendar”.

cal17.png

Step 5: Check to make sure both calendars are syncing properly.  To ensure the Airbnb calendar is syncing properly, hit the refresh icon in the “Sync Calendars” section and then refresh your browser.  If you do not refresh your browser, you will likely not see the changes from your Google Calendar but they will have taken place.

This is what my two calendars look like:

Google Calendar: you will want to toggle the two calendars on by making sure there is a color in each box beside the name of the calendar.

cal19.png

Airbnb Calendar

cal18.png

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

33 Replies 33
Magali49
Level 1
Bourg-Saint-Maurice, France

As my question have been deleted, with no reply from Airbnb staff, I'm reposting here.

I have two issue ater syncronizing my Airbnb calendar in my Google calendar

1) Minor Issue

Once I get a booking on Airbnb, it is not reflected right away in my google calendar (it seems it takes ~24 hours before it shows up in my google calendar)

Is it normal? or can I change some settings so it will show up right away when I get a new booking?

2) MAJOR Issue

Under the google calendar there is no data about the number of guests (all others data such a day, number of nights, guest contacts,...are viewable).

Is it nomal? or can I change some settings so I can properly see the numbr of guests under my google calendar?

Thank you

Magali

I find that minor issue to be , in fact, the big one.

Would like to know how to update shared Airbnb calendar more quickly too!

24hours seem too much

I have the same problem. It takes a lot of time to Airbnb send data to Google's calendar. It is not good at all.

Magali49
Level 1
Bourg-Saint-Maurice, France

Dear Airbnb Team,

I wish I can get a reply to those two issues...

Thank you very much in advance!

Lucio43
Level 2
Punta del Este, Uruguay

Your major issue is a non-sense. Google Calendar is not Airbnb... you cannot have all the information there. This is just to avoid conflicting dates, you must get into Airbnb to see the details.

Carlos400
Level 1
Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Hi, Thanks for the information, is very simple and helpfully, i only have a problem and i don't know if somebody can help me, i have my AIRBNB calendar and Google Calendar syncronized, but in my google calendar i can't see nothing on current month and later months, i only see previous months , ¿Do you know what's is the problem?

thanks

Scott213
Level 2
New York, United States

My calendar won't properly export to Google.

I have two upcoming reservations. One is showing properly in the google calendar and the other isn't showing at all.

Any ideas?

Thanks for a great How to Guide.

I followed every step but without success. I have some old stuff from MyAllocator. An account I have deleted a year ago. But it came up. Plus that my entrances from Google did not show up i Airbnb. But Airbnb shoed up in Google calendar.

I really wanted to find an easy way to control bookings from other sources than Airbnb.

Kristine

Josh55
Level 3
Denver, CO

This has been asked by many, but not asnwered yet...

When importing your Airbnb calendar onto your google calendar, it shows all bookings AND all days unavailable. We do not want to see days that are unavailable, that is taking up space on our calendar (my calendar is extremely busy when I am not hiding the rest like in the view below). We JUST want to see bookings on our google calendar. Is this possible? If not, would others confirm this is the case for them if they have a lot of unavailable dates.

Capture.PNG

The other problem is that the bookings visually end a day earlier. The red circled booking shows only going to the end of Saturday, but its actually a Sunday check out (this would be confusing for people I'm sharing my calendar with ex: cleaners). It should sync to your checkin and check out times and extend to the next day (like on airbnbs calendar), rather than ending the day before. 

Alex542
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

I agree, the calendar sync using google calendar to display airbnb bookings doesn't work well, it takes ages to update new bookings and the booking doesn't reflect the checkin/checkout times, so a booking on the calendar ends but in reality the guest will check out next day in the morning.

Lucio43
Level 2
Punta del Este, Uruguay

To see unavailable days is useful to avoid conflicts, specially for your outside bookings. I guess thats the whole idea. You should turn the view on and off when you have many calendars.

The other issue you report is a known limitation. Google calendar montly view does not show hourly.

It's not an issue of the google calendar view, the problem is that the bookings are synced as whole-day events ending on the starting day of the last booked night istead of the actual check-out day and time.

I agree with Josh in Denver. For the way I want to use this, having numerous "not available" listed defeats the entire purpose of know when you have bookings. How can this be resolved?

Nola2
Level 1
New Orleans, LA

I have multiple listings from VRBO that are imported to my google calendar. if i import google calendar into each airbnb listing it will show all the vrbo listings in each one of my airbnb calendars. is there any way to avoid this? i have already sync-ed my vrbo and airbnb calendars with each other but they are slow to update so i was hoping that bringing google into the mix would speed things up, but this is a snafu i can't seem to overcome. Help? Advice ?