Syncing Airbnb Calendar and Google Calendar: A Community Help Guide [UPDATED]

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Syncing Airbnb Calendar and Google Calendar: A Community Help Guide [UPDATED]

***NOTE: This Help Guide has been created using the new layout so if you have a different layout, please visit https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosts/Syncing-Airbnb-Calendar-and-Google-Calendar-A-Community-He...

One feature of Airbnb I really like is the ability to sync my Airbnb calendar with my Google Calendar and vice versa.  I have seen this topic posted several times and some people are having issues with it so here is another How To Guide.

When you sync your calendars together properly, you can add a booking from other sites or outside bookings on your Google Calendar and they will sync with the Airbnb calendar.  If you get a booking on the Airbnb calendar, it will automatically sync with your Google Calendar.  This syncing is not instant but it is fast enough for me.  I only have one listing so I will not be covering how to set this up for multiple listings which can be done..

The first thing you need to do is have a Google account and access your Google Calendar.

Step 1: Create a Calendar for Airbnb.  If you already have a calendar created, go to “Step 3”.

Go to “My calendars” and click on the down arrow and choose “Create new calendar”

cal1.png

Step 2: Give your calendar a name and then click “Create calendar”

cal2.png

Step 3: Under “Calendar Address”, choose “Change sharing settings”.

cal6.png

Step 4: In order for this calendar to sync with the Airbnb calendar, you need to choose, “Make this calendar public”.  If you only choose this box, the title of booking will show AND the details.  If you choose “Share only my free/busy information” as well, it will only show on your Airbnb calendar that you are busy.  I choose to show the details by only selecting “Make this calendar public” as I do not include any private details.

cal7.png

Step 5: You will need to get the “Calendar address” to import this calendar into the Airbnb calendar.  To do this, go to “Calendar address” and click on the “ICAL” button.  

cal5.png

Step 6: Copy the calendar address as you will need to paste this into the Airbnb “Availability Settings” section.

cal8.png

You are now ready to import this Google Calendar into your Airbnb calendar.

IMPORTING Google Calendar Into Your Listing Calendar on Airbnb

Step 1: Log into your Airbnb account, click on "Host" and then "Manage Listings" and then choose the listing you wish to set to sync your calendar to.

1.png

Step 2: Choose "Availability" from the top menu and then in the "Sync Calendars" section and choose “Import Calendar”.

1.png

Step 3: Take the “Calendar address” you copied from your Google Calendar and paste it into the “Calendar Address (URL)” Box.  Name your calendar as well.  I just use the same name I used in Google Calendar.  Then choose “Import Calendar”.

cal9.png

Step 4: Your Google Calendar will now sync with your Airbnb calendar.  To test it out, enter some dates on your Google Calendar.  Then go back into the Airbnb site and under “Availability settings”, go to your synced calendar and choose the refresh image above the trash can.  Then check you Airbnb calendar and see if the Google Event copied to your Airbnb calendar. You may need to refresh your browser to see the changes.  

cal10.png

cal12.png

cal13.png

EXPORTING Your Airbnb Calendar to Google Calendar

Step 1: Log into your Airbnb account and go to your listing calendar.  Choose “Availability Settings” from the top right hand corner and then choose “Export Calendar”.

2.png

Step 2: You will then be given an address for your Airbnb calendar.  Highlight and copy the link.

cal15.png

Step 3: Go into your Google Calendar and choose the dropdown arrow beside “Other calendars” and then select “Add by URL”

cal16.png

Step 4: Paste the Airbnb address you copied in Step 2 into the URL box and then select “Add Calendar”.

cal17.png

Step 5: Check to make sure both calendars are syncing properly.  To ensure the Airbnb calendar is syncing properly, hit the refresh icon in the “Sync Calendars” section and then refresh your browser.  If you do not refresh your browser, you will likely not see the changes from your Google Calendar but they will have taken place.

This is what my two calendars look like:

Google Calendar: you will want to toggle the two calendars on by making sure there is a color in each box beside the name of the calendar.

cal19.png

Airbnb Calendar

cal18.png

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

33 Replies 33
Wilfried14
Level 1
Kabale, Uganda

I have the same problem. It takes a lot of time to Airbnb send data to Google's calendar. It is not good at all.

Airbnb must learn with booking.com. I have just synced it with Google's calendar and now I can see all booking from booking.com on Google's calendar. The same with my calendar apps on my mobiles. 

Bill167
Level 2
Cuyahoga Falls, OH

Thank you so much for taking the time to put your  "Syncing Airbnb Calendar and Google Calendar"  article on line.  We literally spent hours trying different ways to sync our google calendar with Airbnb and finally gave up until today when I found your step by step instructions.  They are fantastic and work so well!!

The only problem I ran into was in the end when it was time to export my Airbnb calendar to my google calendar as I had the updated version of the google calendar.  The updated version doesn't show the  "Other Calendars" tab with "Add by URL".  Once I switched back to the old version, I was able to "Add the Copied URL" from Airbnb, "Add the Calendar", and then switched back to the updated version of google calendar, and there it was.  Now we can get notified and check bookings on our i-phone as well as computer.

Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

Thank you for the time you put in for shareing it with us we appreciate you

Thomas666
Level 2
Vienna, Austria

Its seems like there is still no reply from the airbnb team?
this issiu with the long time till it sync is a big problem for me becaus i can get easaly overbooking.
in my fact a groub of people who use the flat for free just block there dates in the google calender. but if there is a booking and they dont see it, the will block it even it is already blocked...

Is there a solution, maybe a other calender? i dont have to use google calender for this, maby o thoer webcalender syncs faster?

Josh0
Level 1
Roanoke, VA

I have 2 listings on Airbnb and want to populate one Google calendar to share with my cleaning lady?  It says in article it can be done, but I'm stumped.  Please help! 🙂

You can add multiple listings to your Gmail calendar by adding the URL for each listing's calendar to your Google Calendar. **Note that the problem of checkout dates not displayed accurately still plagues synching to Gmail (and many other shared calendar apps/sites). This means that listings appear to end a day early. #sigh

1. Go to your Google calendar and go to Settings

2. Click Add Calendar and then click From URL.

Untitled-1.png

3. Copy and paste your Airbnb listing's calendar URL into the URL of Calendar field and click Add Calendar. To get your listing's calendar URL, go to your listing, click Availability, scroll down and click Export Calendar.

Untitled-2.png

When you click Add Calendar, that listing's calendar will be imported and the Add Calendar from URL box will be refreshed and available for you to add another listing.

Leplubo0
Level 8
Los Angeles, CA

Read this if you have issues when exporting calendar from Airbnb to Google Calendar such as.

- The export works with one listing not the other

- It works for a while and then the sync does no longer work

- Syncing is too slow

A few things to know:

- The initial export is immediate. You don't need to wait 24 hours or 12 or whatever. Who told you that. 

- The 12 or 24 hours some people refer to is not on airbnb side. Airbnb's calendar is up-to-date instantly for obvious reasons. The link to google is also up-todate instantly. But Google does not sync in real time. Easy to understand why. But Google is smart... it syncs as often as it "feels" needed. This depends on how often your calendar changes. It's IA engine initially updates often but if it updates every hour and notices that each time it updates there was no change, then it increases the time for the next sync. Makes sense? And there is not much you can do about it.

- You can test the content of that link that you copy from airbnb and paste into a new calendar by just pasting it into a browser which will create a .ics file that you open with any calendar up to see inside. If it has the bookings and you don't see them in Google calendar, stop blaming airbnb: there is something else preventing Google to show it properly.

Now what are the possible issues:
- just an html glitch: Refresh the calendar or change browser to detect this

- Cookies: Search for Google Calendar cookies in your browser and remove them (don't worry you can delete a cookie and the app regenerates it). On Google Chrome you can get directly to the cookies setup and search for "calendar" and delete them through this link: chrome://settings/siteData

This last one solves a lot of issues when they are on the google calendar side (which is in my experience almost all the issues I experienced).

Good luck !

I shared my Airbnb calendar link with a colleague who used to help me. The colleague now relocated somewhere else and I want to disable the Airbnb calendar from being seen elsewhere. How do I do that?

Agata48
Level 2
Szczecin, Poland

Hi, can anybody confirm that all "not available" events synced from Airbnb are ALWAYS connected with some availability settings in the Airbnb calendar? And reservations are always imported with details as a note? I'd like to find some way around this issue to avoid importing "not available" events to our Channel Manager calendar... It's quite troublesome.

I'd really appreciate any help :).

I synced my existing Google Calendar to Airbnb, not creating a new calendar.  Is there a way I can delete the reservations from the Google Calendar without it affecting the Airbnb Calendar?  Thanks.

Natalia624
Level 2
Pittsburgh, PA

I followed these directions to a T, however every time I have copied and pasted the public iCal calendar link under the "Import Calendar" box, I keep getting the notice in red letter, "This calendar cannot be synced. Check that the address is correct." Can anyone tell me why? I would really appreciate it. This is driving me crazy.  UPDATE: Nevermind, I had to delete the AirBnb calendar I just made on Google calendar, and create a whole new one (with the same settings) for some reason, and go through the steps again. It would now. 

But ... I still have a concern that the calendar shows EVERY SINGLE DATE that the listing is unavailable. This is completely unnecessarily cluttering my entire calendar, and as someone said earlier, completely defeats the purpose of making an easy visual guide of when guests are coming and going. I don't need a line through every single date. Really dumb. 

Haley64
Level 2
Bucerías, Mexico

Any update on Airbnb including the number of guests in the info that gets passed on to Google Calendar? Would be very helpful for cleaning crew to know how many beds to prepare. Thanks!

Adam160
Level 2
Budapest, Hungary

I am hosting only an experience, please tell me how I could connect my experience calendar to the google calendar... your guide does not work because I don't see a Manage Hosting in my profile at the moment.

Andrew1759
Level 1
Te Puke, New Zealand

Hey guys this is rubbish. We need a way to export the calendar without having to setup a hosting air bnb account please. I just want to export my travel plans not setup a while hosting account

Cheers

Lynda133
Level 2
Seattle, WA

When exporting from AirBnb into my Google calendar, I can't seem to share the new calendar with anyone (I can only modify settings). Is anyone else having the same issues? Some of the older guides seem to show that we were able to share the calendar. The workaround is I need to copy events to my own calendar and share it.