TOT Tax in Palm Springs

Mariah43
Level 1
Sonoma, CA

TOT Tax in Palm Springs

Do hosts in Palm Springs, CA charge tot in addition as a request for money or absorb it in nightly fee?

5 Replies 5
Alistair-and-Jenny0
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

We charge TOT it as an addition -- using the Airbnb's "Occupancy tax collection" feature. This way the guest can clearly see the TOT amount broken out as a separate line item when they are looking at the cost summary.  

Alex208
Level 3
Los Angeles, CA

Hey @Alistair-and-Jenny0, wondering how you were able to get that to work? When I go to the Taxes section in Pricing and availability, it says "Your listing is in Riverside County, CA where Airbnb may collect and remit occupancy taxes, if required, from guests on your behalf." So it doesn't let me add it in myself..

Hi @Alex208 there is a quite a bit of content on this in the Airbnb Help section so check that out. As I recall, I think you need to opt in to 'Professional Hosting Tools' or something similar-sounding to have access to collect tax yourself. Hope that helps.

Does air bnb pay the tax to gov or do we?

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Helen2880 ,

As you have commented on a relatively older post, I was wondering if you would wish to create a new topic related to elaborate on the issue you are facing and get some advice from other members by posting here: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/forums/postpage/choose-node/true

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines