Tax declarations

Answered!
Clare171
Level 2
Waterford, Ireland

Tax declarations

What form do you fill out on revenue.ie to declare your tax with Air BnB in Ireland.

I heard it's form 11 but cannot find that only form 12.

Is it better to do it manually?

Clare

1 Best Answer
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Clare171,

Whether it's form 12 or 11 seems to depend on whether you're PAYE or self employed.

Going to the myAccount revenue site for PAYE workers and logging on I see that it refers to form 12 for the purposes of claiming credits or declaring additional income.

I used to be a PAYE worker but, since being made redundant, they now classify me as self employed so I must use the revenue ROS service. On that I use form 11 to declare Airbnb income.

Links to the two services are below.

myAccount

ROS - Log In

When first doing the reporting I went to the tax office in Limerick and was told to do it online.

I've found the ROS one effective but a bit labourious as it's really meant for businesses so it has lots of sections that don't apply to me.

The myAccount one for PAYE workers looks simpler. I'd suggest going to the tax office to see if they'll do it at the desk. You might get someone there who has nothing else to do as so many people do it online 🙂

Steve.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Clare171,

Whether it's form 12 or 11 seems to depend on whether you're PAYE or self employed.

Going to the myAccount revenue site for PAYE workers and logging on I see that it refers to form 12 for the purposes of claiming credits or declaring additional income.

I used to be a PAYE worker but, since being made redundant, they now classify me as self employed so I must use the revenue ROS service. On that I use form 11 to declare Airbnb income.

Links to the two services are below.

myAccount

ROS - Log In

When first doing the reporting I went to the tax office in Limerick and was told to do it online.

I've found the ROS one effective but a bit labourious as it's really meant for businesses so it has lots of sections that don't apply to me.

The myAccount one for PAYE workers looks simpler. I'd suggest going to the tax office to see if they'll do it at the desk. You might get someone there who has nothing else to do as so many people do it online 🙂

Steve.

Thanks a million Steve, i found the My Account for Paye workers worked great for me. 

It was just daunting at first not wanting to do it wrong but i got there.

Thanks so much i appreciate your help 🙂 

Clare

J139
Level 1
County Donegal, Ireland

What % tax do we pay on profit? Are the cleaning fees deductible even though the guest pays them? Thanks j

Bruno751
Level 2
Mulhuddart, Ireland

Hi! 

Do we have to have proof of payment to each item claimed as relief? 

Also, how do you claim for electricity and gas? I was considering to devide the amount consumed by the number of people in the house and charge the amount consumed by guests, but I saw somewhere instructions that suggest claiming full amounts. Which approach do you take?