Taxes and Cohost Payments

Dominic20
Level 2
Orlando, FL

Taxes and Cohost Payments

Hello,

For my tax reports that are sent to me yearly, does my hosting revenue figure include money that I have paid to my cohost (for % property management and cleaning fee)?

Or will there be a clear separation of money that was sent directly to my cohost?

I don't want to claim money that I never received being the concern. 

Thanks 🙂

2 Replies 2
Jeanette14
Level 2
Carolina Beach, NC

Dominic; as a Cohost, I receive my %-age cohost fee as well as the cleaning fees in my normal payout methods.  Therefore I am responsible for the income taxes (and associated deductions for cleaning, supplies, etc.) on my own tax return.  You as the owner, the Host, of a property should see only the amounts paid to you - which would be net of the fees paid to your co-host.  

Hope that clarifies - that's my understanding and the practices here in NC. USA

Hi Jeanette- Ok, so do you have a report created by Airbnb of the income that you receive through the main host? So like..is a percentage of the the main host's revenue deducted and filed into an earnings report for you that you can easily access?

Do you know if there is a way to set up individual payments to a CoHost? Have a friend who wants to help but this won't be their only gig, so I will still be doing a lot of the hosting and setting up a set percentage won't make sense if she's not out there...