Taxes, foreigner citizen, Airbnb abroad

Virginie5
Level 2
Paris, France

Taxes, foreigner citizen, Airbnb abroad

Hi,

I would like to know how it works between Airbnb US, and the IRS.

I am French, I do Airbnb in France, and I live now in the US.

The money I get is in France, I got guests from all over the world (Americans included) and the benefits have already been taxed in France.

Is Airbnb US going to give my informations to the IRS in order to pay again taxes, this time in the US?

Thanks for those who knows and can help. 

I am really lost about this topic.

5 Replies 5
Luann0
Level 2
Holiday, FL

Hello/Bonjour:  Welcome to hosting in the USA.

First of all, you must register your business by applying for your Federal ID number.

You will be required to pay Federal income tax for the year the money 1/1/2016 - 12/31/2016 which is due in April 2017.  You will need to small your receipts for expenses as they are deductible on the Federal Tax Return.  

You will be required to pay State and Local taxes monthly depending on the State, County and City your property is located.  I live in the State of Florida and they have an agreement with AIRbnb which the tax is assessed to guests and paid directly to the State and County.  Super easy that way. 

You'll need to save all your receipts for expenses as they are deductible on your Federal Taxes.

I don't do Airbnb in the US, it is in France.

IRS taxes you on your world wide income.

David

So that means that Airbnb US is going to give my info from Airbnb FR?

Just by curiosity, if I was still living in France with nothing related with the American administration, would have I been taxed too? Meaning everyone in the world would pay taxes to the IRS because Airbnb is American?

No and No

David