Taxpayer Indentification Number ( TIN)

Anh-Tú0
Level 2
NHA Trang, Vietnam

Taxpayer Indentification Number ( TIN)

Dear all,

I am having an unprecedented problem and wish to share it with the desire to receive appropriate advice to handle this issue.
I have a rental apartment in Vietnam. As with all other lenders, with various forms of payment, I choose to pay money from Airbnb via Payooner card to facilitate transactions instead of transferring to a bank account in Vietnam.
About a month ago, my wife and I visited her family who currently reside in Canada and have opened a personal account. We have brought a proper amount of money to people traveling by tourist visa and put money into the account.
Half a month later I returned to Vietnam, and she continued to stay in Canada as planned until November
To facilitate the payment of my wife's expenses during my stay in Canada, I changed the form of rent payment: instead of receiving Payooner card payment, I gave the bank information. The name carries my wife's name in Canada before.
Payment transactions within 3 weeks amounted to more than 4000 USD Canada.
Today my wife received a notice from the bank where she opened the account about requesting the relevant document to Canadian Revenue Agency. My wifi is required to provide a Taxpayer Indentification Number ( TIN) for the country declared as a tax residency, here it must be our country Vietnam.
In this case, what should I do to prove my income is legal and that the money I send to my wife is only for use in spending while in Canada?
What airbnb can do for me in this case!?
I hope to know peoples experienced for these cases can give me valuable advice and guidance.
Thank you for taking the time to read and if there are helpful advice

2 Replies 2
Patrizia16
Level 10
Rome, Italy

@Anh-Tú0 

You must send the documentation of the money you receive through the rental with Airbnb. If your income through Airbnb is declared for tax purposes in Vietnam, you can also attach that declaration ..

also try to put your question in the international community, perhaps Canadian hosts can inform you better because they know the tax system in Canada ..

⚠️ ✉→ Inviato da Cellulare... Ignorare errori di battitura e correzione automatica®
Donata12
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

@Anh-Tú0 

i have replied to you on the Toronto post. anyway here is another uselful link for you https://www.google.com/search?q=tin+number&rlz=1C5CHFA_enCA838CA838&oq=TIN+number&aqs=chrome.0.0l4j6...