Technical problems

J-and-D0
Level 1
New South Wales, Australia

Technical problems

Lots of technical problems with Airbnb right now. 

- Hosting stats are completely borked at the moment.  It doesnt show all my bookings, and the demand graphs are no longer showing

- The iphone app keeps defaulting to traveller mode every time

- My login doesnt persist- im logging in with facebook everytime. 

40 Replies 40
Carolina51
Level 1
Malmö, Sweden

I have the same issues and several more. There are loads of problems with booking system.  I became a host a week ago and so far nothing seem to function. All of this is extremely frustrating and I cant find any phonenumbers to get personal assistance even though at some site it is stated that personal contact can be made with regional/local airbnb help centre. I can only find a phone number to San Francisco. When attempting to find contact details I am constantly being referred back to the automatic self-help system.

These are some of the issues I have encountered over the past days:

1) There is no synchronization between airbnb app and the general website if I make any changes for example: regarding  availability, calendar, pricesettings, time needed for preparation/blocked days before and after arrival. Even though I put down that guests need to book at least 3 days in advanced it was changed by itself to one day. 

2) The app or the website is making changes on their own regarding prices and other settings such as availability even though I havent made these changes myself.  I see different prices regarding my booking if I log in from different places. I have also asked friends to go in and check from their computers and phones and they all get different types of information regarding booking/information/prices. 

3) There is information available on the website that is not available if opening up information in the app (such as the section on Other Information). 

5) I do not get messages regarding bookings over the app. I only get messages by sms if guest write me a personal message through the message function. 

6) The calendar is not updated on the app , actually the calendar is completely empty on the app even though i have bookings made. I can only see a small calendar in the booking confirmation (seen in the mail) made by the one and only booking that so far has been successful.

7) I had two bookings that overlapped one day. One was denied by the airbnb host and the other one went through. I did not get get any information about the reasons for this denial even though the guests are verified through ID, e-mail address, phone. However, at some place it appears that the first booking that was denied still is in the system. As such I am stuck here and do not know if there has been a double booking. 

😎 One of my potential guests could not finalize his booking and it was blocked and frozen in the booking system. Airbnb even demanded for this guest to send in a video of themselves (as this guest is not registered on FB or any other social network which apparently functions as a main safety/security system. ). 

9) Today the request has been removed without any notifiction och explanations why. In some place that I accidently saw i found out that the booking was annulated. However, i do not know for what reason, by whom and I need to contact each guest to find out what has went wrong with the booking. Perhaps they have recieved the message that I was the one annulating the booking?  I am not even sure if these potential guests recieve the messages that I am sending them. 

There has been even more issues. I am stuck here trying to adjust changes so they are synchronized. I cant figure out how to deal with all of this. It is just terrible. I do not know what happens if I delete the app and if I will get any messages sent to me. I want to be able to respond to guests as soon as I can. 

What should I do with all of this?

Best,

Carolina

hI think you'll get different prices depending on which country you are logged on in. Airbnb charge 3% currency conversion on credit cards, a money gouging opportunity and a disgrace. Guests don't realise this but it becomes obvious depending on what country you are logged on from.  Airbnb does not give guests the opportunity to pay in local currency and forces credit card payments in the currency where you're logged on.

This one may easily be solved using a VPN 🙂 if I'm understanding correctly 

Paul0
Level 10
Brunswick, Australia

Hi @J-and-D0 & @Carolina51,

Two quick suggestions.

1) Stop relying on the phone app for any major requirements. In my 3+ years hosting I've learnt to do 95% of my Airbnb 'stuff' via the web browser. The apps are purposefully streamlined... yes, there can be a delay between the platforms synchronising.

2) Raise issues via https://www.airbnb.com/help and you can find local contact numbers here.

Cheers,

Paul

---

I just set up my listing today. I've asked friends to take a look and give me feedback but none of them can access my listing despite have the exact address or looking in my small city for listings. In addition, when I look my listing it show a higher price than I've asked and no combination of number of days adds up to the amount shown.  

I just set up my listing today. I've asked friends to take a look and give me feedback but none of them can access my listing despite having the exact address or looking in my small city for listings. In addition, when I look at my listing it shows a higher price than I've asked and no combination of number of days adds up to the amount shown.  

Jess11
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi - for some reason the AirBnB website keeps accepting people's enquiries without me saying so.

People are emailing me to enquire about my space and without me doing anything it's already accepted them.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

notification about booking requests have stopped coming through to my personal e mail system which is talktalk. I have to go to the website to see if there are any messages and therefore possible bookings , and this is getting clumsy. I have asked talktalk to check why the e mails from airbnb are no longer coming through, and they have been investigating for a couple of weeks now, and come up with nothing.  I am wondering if there might be another reason, maybe to do with airbnb and their systems.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Josephine   

Yes, I have the same problem too.  It started over 2 months ago, when Confirmation notifications stopped coming into my e-mails, and slowly all Notifications have ceased, including Transfer Payment mail, since a few days ago. Needless to say, their advertising mails keep coming !  If I didn't get a text message when I have an enquiry, I would have no idea that there was an 'enquiry'.  I'm finding it very hard and stressful, as without the initial Confirmation Mail,  I can't File bookings to my Personal Files.  I have entered in CHAT since 2 months ago....and a month ago, they told me they had a bug in the system.  Also since yesterday I have been doing CHAT with them, and they just terminate the conversations.  They are a disaster and I feel helpless.  So much for being a Super Host ! Chris

I'm sorry to hear chris , I feel your pain I really do , I'm not glad it's happening to someone else , but I feel some comfort it's not just me this rubbish is happening too , hopefully they listen 

I Have exactly the same issue and are having to do the same, I don't think its a talk talk issue though I think its airbnb. There seem to be all sorts of issues since they ""made their system better for us""  HA HA HA!!

I've had the same problem. Since September last year, I've not had any emails regarding new bookings, nor have I had emails advising me that I'd had a review. The only emails I get are from guests, or when someone requests to book that day. At first it wasn't too much of a problem because I still got text messages, so I was able to go to the site to respond, but since I changed my mobile number in May, my texts have stopped as well. With 236 nights booked already this year for my three rooms, it has meant I have to log on every hour or so and check on airbnb for new messages, which is really frustrating. I've phoned several times, but the very nice people I've spoken too haven't been able to help, and suggest there may be a 'bug' in the system that their technical people are trying to sort out. Sorry I can't give you better news!

@Josephine9 wrote:

notification about booking requests have stopped coming through to my personal e mail system which is talktalk. I have to go to the website to see if there are any messages and therefore possible bookings , and this is getting clumsy. I have asked talktalk to check why the e mails from airbnb are no longer coming through, and they have been investigating for a couple of weeks now, and come up with nothing.  I am wondering if there might be another reason, maybe to do with airbnb and their systems.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Josephine   

Jess,  I am sure you have checked this but have you  accidentally clicked the instant  booking box. I did this once and hadn't realised that, until bookings started being  made without first checking with me.   I just needed to unclick it.

Josephine

Hi Jess,

It sounds as though your place has been listed as intantly bookable. You need to go into the bookings section to turn this off if you do not want people to book without enquiring first. Airbnb now lists new listings automatically on instant book unless you change it manually. Hope this helps.