Telephone wait times

Cari3
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Telephone wait times

So, I'm currently holding on waiting for an airbnb agent to help me.  But their voicemail message said:  "We'll get to you in a few HOURS". - yes hours!  There wasn't an option for them to call me back.  Surely 'hours' must be an error in recording?  They can't surely expect anyone to hold on for HOURS can they???  Any of you tried calling lately - how long did you hang on for?  I don't have the time or patience to hang on for hours and of course there is nothing telling you what your approximate wait time is.  

5 Replies 5
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Cari3  No, it's not an error. People are having to wait up to 3 hours. You might try messaging them instead, if the issue isn't urgent. If it is urgent, try to contact through their Twiitter or Facebook accounts.

I was on hold for a long time and ended up giving up. Messages are not being responded to either...I sent them 3 messages since last Friday and no one has called me back yet. I confess I am afraid of getting more booking from airbnb without knowing if I will have support if/when needed. 
Also, they recently cancelled a guest at full refund, just a couple of days before the checkin date and outside the Moderate cancellation window, and never notified me. Had I not checked my calendar, I wouldn’t know soon enough that reservation was cancelled. I am still waiting for some email/reply from airbnb about that cancelation and why they gave that guest 100% refund (around $1,300) without my consent. It seems airbnb is having all sorts of system glitches too. 

Hi Rod and Patty, gosh I'm sorry to hear that, that's disconcerting and upsetting.  I think the if people cite COVID reasons, they can get a full refund pretty easily but wow, it's bad that you didn't get some kind of notification.

Thanks Sarah, I hadn't thought about twitter or FB or messaging them - so this was really helpful.  I so wish they'd at least install some kind of a system that let's you know on an ongoing basis where you are in the question and an approximate wait time.  

"in a few hours" is correct.  Whether 2,4, or 5 hours, who can wait that long to find out.  Don't count on a call back either.  The last time I used that "feature" the call back never came.  Emails usually get a reply within a few days with a boilerplate machine generated reply.

In summary, your best bet is handle everything yourself and hope nothing happens that needs airbnb attention.  This CC helps.  Good luck!