Temporary Housing Service asking to book for a family- asking for address?

Kristin931
Level 1
Louisville, KY

Temporary Housing Service asking to book for a family- asking for address?

I am new to Airbnb and have received a booking request for a month long booking beginning 2/3. It's a verified user with no reviews who states they were for a company who helps find housing for displaced families. They are asking for the actual address (I provided street name and city) before booking. My red flags are up but I'm new so not sure if this is normal or not??

Thank you for your help!! 

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Never heard of an organisation using Airbnb to find accommodation for displaced families by contacting hosts directly. @Kristin931 

Tell them if they are working with displaced families they should use this https://www.airbnb.co.uk/openhomes and that under Airbnb's T&Cs you are not allowed to accept third party bookings or provide an address before booking.

As a new host I would suggest you limit your stays to one or two weeks until you become more familiar with managing your listing.

Airbnb Help is a useful resource for the basics around running your listing.

Kristin931
Level 1
Louisville, KY

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your time and advice. 

Kay288
Level 2
Tacoma, WA

I just had someone contact me from a company. They didn’t ask for my address. Seemed legit but the family ultimately decided to go with another location. The person who contacted me had good reviews on their page, several which indicated they booked past stays for clients.