Tenant Live Fire Target Practicing in my Back Yard...Do I Report to Airbnb?

Tenant Live Fire Target Practicing in my Back Yard...Do I Report to Airbnb?

Our Airbnb cottage sits on 5.3 acres that is part of our larger family farm.  Our tenant, who is locked in for 5 more months, decided to have live fire target practice with his friends at the back of the cottage's pasture yesterday on July 4th.  They shot into the woods that comprise the larger portion of our farm, not knowing if anyone was walking on those trails or hunting (hogs year 'round).  While this wasn't illegal, it was very dangerous and was done without discussion or our approval.  Should this tenant be reported to Airbnb?  If I kick him out because of it, I lose almost $10k.  Suggestions?

2 Replies 2
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Katrina282 are you sure it wasn't illegal? It certainly would be where I live.

Reporting this to Airbnb is unlikely to help you in any way. In your shoes I would first hope that this is mostly a matter of misaligned expectations and try to get them aligned. Have you spoken with him and expressed your expectation that this will not happen again?

Yes, I'm sure it's not illegal in the area where our farm is.  He was out of town today, but will return tomorrow.  I'll be having a face-to-face chat with him tomorrow afternoon.