The AirBNB search does not work. Return zero result when a lot of hosts do not understand why nobody

Andrey7
Level 1
Sosua, Dominican Republic

The AirBNB search does not work. Return zero result when a lot of hosts do not understand why nobody

The AirBNB search does not work. Return zero result.

The screenshots are attached.

The attached is my experience. I have 2 listings in Sosua. One of them since 2013.

None of them is searchable. None of them is rented since 2013.

I search for example anything for December - January 2016-2017 in Sosua, Dominican republic:

The engine returns: "Only 2 listings are available for this perion (screenshots)

I have a lot of friends in Sosua. They are letting their apartments and houses.

They do not understand why nobody is renting them via AirBNB?

I found the answer experimenting with the search today.

The screenshots of my search experience and my listings' calendars are here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9lzOPaAigSvbDVTT3pUWXRKNFE?usp=sharing

3 Replies 3
Ann-and-Tim0
Level 3
Citronelle, AL

I hear you.  Don't know why.  But my place is getting dropped off the grid...so sad.  I was getting enough bookings.  Now it's like I'm hanging out to dry

@Ann-and-Tim0 - I just looked at your area, very few listings & yours all come up first! I can think of no explanation as to why bookings have dropped off for you - is it a seasonal thing?

Karen-and-Brian0
Level 10
Bragg Creek, Canada

Hi @Andrey7 I'm not sure I want to click on your link, so I did a search for listings in Sosúa, Puerto Plata Province, Dominican Republic for December 1, 2016 - January 31, 2017 and got over 300 listings, on 17 pages. But, the prices shown are all above $200. I can't move the bar to see listings priced lower than that for some reason? I'm assuming that's why you aren't showing up. Surely there must be a way to change that bar to include all listings of all prices? Wonder if anyone else has any ideas - Karen