The City Of Saint Petersburg

Laura1374
Level 1
Saint Petersburg, FL

The City Of Saint Petersburg

The city is forcing me to stop, I’ve been reading that the state of Florida is making advances in allowing short term rentals, does anyone know more about this?

55 Replies 55

Hi could you provide the lawyer contact info? 

Hi there,

I'd definitely be interested in speaking with your lawyer as well.

Thank you! 

Hi,

Can I have your lawyers info please?

Can I have your lawyer's contact as well, please?

I would appreciate your attorneys information 

**[E-mail address removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Kumari Fulbright

@Michelle403 What’s the update on this?

How did it turn out?

Jennifer3245
Level 2
St. Petersburg, FL

About to start Airbnbing my home in st Pete in the next couple weeks so joining this thread. Plan to follow the rules of 30 day minimum stays and utilize the 2 exceptions per year. Wondering when this rule will change or if there are ways around it. I’ll definitely add the comment John mentions to the listing

so nothing less then 30 days is not allowed in st petersburg?

correct, with 3 exceptions within a 365 period 

How has this been going? 

Kevin2448
Level 1
Irvine, CA

Has anybody had luck in St Pete booking 30-31 day minimum stays on airbnb? I just bought a home in Shore Acres and was hoping to eventually host short-term rentals on AirBnB..... and  now realizing these strict rules exist. Generally curious if 30+ day rental listings are filling up? 

We tried Airbnb 30 day listing for a few months. Also tried a vacation rental company that posted on all the sites. We had a few bookings, but 6 month furnished rental ended up being better for us because there was no lag time between bookings we had to worry about. Mid term rentals can definitely work, but we just had a hard time connecting with the type of people looking for that, ie traveling nurses, etc. despite my contacting all the hospitals. We loved being hosts but super thankful we found something that worked. 

There was also the concern that you don't have any signed lease with 30 day stay guests on Airbnb. We just had to make sure our renters were OK with paying through airbnb but ok to sign a lease in person because anyone who stays 30+ days has tenant rights. Maybe there's a way to work around this by adding a home rule they must agree to?

Tonga3
Level 1
Brookfield, WI

These stories about STR restrictions in St Petersburg are really worrisome!! Do these restrictions still apply if home is in unincorporated part of city?

I am hoping to start short term rental in St Petersburg