The Vanishing Superhost Coupon

Shalini11
Level 1
Pune, IN

The Vanishing Superhost Coupon

I received my USD 100 coupon last week. However, I cancelled a reservation I had made using my coupon. Unfortunately, sometimes it is difficult to choose the optimal Airbnb stay at one go. So I realized I had made a mistake and cancelled it. And now today, when I found the correct Airbnb property for my holiday , I was unable to apply my coupon. I spent an hour with the Airbnb call center but in the end, they were unable to reactivate the coupon.

I feel very disappointed. If you look at my history as superhost, you will see that I have achieved beyond the minimum parameters laid down by Airbnb. That, I have not cancelled reservations before. This was my first time. That, because of Airbnb's technical rule a superhost like me does not get to use a well-deserved reward.

If I cancelled my reservation, you know that I have not used the USD 100 coupon. Why not give me a chance to use it now? I still paid full price and gone ahead and booked my new reservation via Airbnb, despite not being able to apply the coupon. Not only am I a good host but a loyal customer.

I would expect Airbnb to issue me a new coupon so that I can use my superhost reward. Otherwise, it is very disappointing and de-motivating to get a reward and have it slip from my hand over a technicality.

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Shalini11 ,

This is not Airbnb itself, but a community of hosts. The terms regarding coupons are clear about the usage: if you cancel a reservation made with a coupon, the coupon is no longer valid.

Read more: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1352/

Best regards, Emiel

Susan1028
Level 10
Oregon, US

There’s a superhost reward? Im a superhost and haven’t received any rewards.

I’d be happy if they’d just post the correct price for my listing so I don’t continue to lose bookings!

Why are you losing bookings? What is your opinion on smart pricing...is it better to set own price or auto-pricing