The account got suspended. No respond from airbnb.

Answered!
Yi16
Level 2
Fredericton, Canada

The account got suspended. No respond from airbnb.

A guest like to cancel last min, she like to cancel it for full refund. However the cancellation policy state it is half for the remaining days. She is mad and complain about safety of our home, canmera at side doors as well as the smoking area. Now my account is suspended for 48 hours. Airbnb did not give explanation or than “just wait for contact”. Did I do something worng here?

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Yi16 

It seems to me your account is still active, but all your 15 listings are (temporary) suspended.

I fear you have to wait for Airbnb  contacting you. As you experienced one angry guest can easily destroy a host business ! If she cancelled last minute, how can she complain about things she never have seen, assuming she never checked in ?

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Yi16 

It seems to me your account is still active, but all your 15 listings are (temporary) suspended.

I fear you have to wait for Airbnb  contacting you. As you experienced one angry guest can easily destroy a host business ! If she cancelled last minute, how can she complain about things she never have seen, assuming she never checked in ?

Yi16
Level 2
Fredericton, Canada

Do you think in this case she would qualify for full refund? Or she need to follow the felxbile cancellation rules as agreed when bookings? 

just now it seems like we hit a wall with airbnb, no response no nothing. I am ok with any decision with airbnb as long as there is a phone call or email at least. 

Yi16
Level 2
Fredericton, Canada

Right, she stayed one night and don’t like the neighborhood we were in that is why she like to cancel.

@Yi16  Airbnb can suspend your listings temporarily or forever without any explanation or even investigation. This is the beauty of Airbnb.

If you know you are suspended for just 48 h then just wait. If you don't know for how long you will be suspended then don't wait, just sign in on Booking com, VRBO, and other booking platforms so you don't lose your income.

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Salut @Yi16,

Your listings still can view in your profile.

Yet, can't open to read the listing annoucement.

Did you indicate the cameras in your listing at the side door and smoking area?

It's important to presence in the Things to know section under Health & safety.

To describe the detail of-

1° Camera at side doors

2° Camera in the smoking area

If you did mentions the cameras in the listing announcement in the section Things to know,

then should be fine.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/887/what-are-airbnbs-rules-about-security-cameras-and-other-reco...

As the guest has stayed for a night, she will need to pay for the night.

That is not possible to agree to a full refund.

At present, please do keep your cell phone beside you or respond to the Airbnb message as soon as possible.

Hope all are well. Wish your listings will be re-establish soon.

Deneene0
Level 2
Garner, NC

I'm currently going through the same thing after the guest checked out 28 days after her stay 

Deneene Wilkerson

What was your outcome?

Shakia3
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

I am going through this same thing.  I have no idea why suspended. Did have one guest to cancel on her own before even showing up due to her dog being sick. She got a full refund.  Need help because Airbnb has not replied to inquiries nor called.  I never received an email or call this was happening. 

Stories like this remind me again and again importance of having your own platform...Eventually people will start to book with you directly.