The covid 19 program with airbnb

Answered!
Frank1209
Level 2
Grosse Pointe, MI

The covid 19 program with airbnb

I have satisfied the requirements for assistance from airbnb covid program . But airbnb has failed to provide an application for me to apply for the assistance, I think airbnb is just keeping the money for themselves.

Brian chesky is a **bleep** liar, and airbnb has refused to respond to my request to provide info on why I have not received  an application. .

1 Best Answer
Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

hi @Frank1209 

Please note that it was widely informed that not all superhosts would be invited to receive the grant. It is just too many of us and not enough money, I am afraid.

There are many treads about this in this forum.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

hi @Frank1209 

Please note that it was widely informed that not all superhosts would be invited to receive the grant. It is just too many of us and not enough money, I am afraid.

There are many treads about this in this forum.

@Frank1209  Read the fine print: 

There are hundreds of thousands of Superhosts around the world. While everyone in our community is feeling the impact of COVID-19, we are using this fund to offer meaningful aid to some of the Superhosts whose earnings have been hit hardest.

That means not all eligible Superhosts will be invited to apply for a relief grant. Airbnb will be prioritizing invitations for hosts based on a number of reasons, including how long they've been a Superhost and how badly their earnings have been impacted, at its sole discretion, and award relief grants to hosts that demonstrate the most urgent financial need.

Translation: Airbnb's decision on whom to invite will be based not just on the published requirements, but also on undlsclosed criteria that they have no intention of revealing. You're totally wasting your time by insisting on info like this.

I don't doubt that some lucky hosts are actually receiving the grants, though they're clearly a small minority of the many thousands who meet the published requirements. But don't be fooled by the "need-based" jargon. Airbnb is a for-profit company, not a charity; they're not going to give out free money if they don't perceive it as a good investment - either in retaining valuable listings or generating good PR for the brand.  If the parameters set in their algorithm determine that your nice private rooms in Grosse Point are a worthwhile investment, you might get an invitation - but the odds are not in your favor. There's no way Airbnb is going to let a customer service operator come right out and tell you that.