The guest is not charged the price I specified on the calander

John445
Level 2
Vancouver, CA

The guest is not charged the price I specified on the calander

My weekend rate is $125. and I do not offer extra discounts for less that one week.  I just got a reservation and Airbnb breaks the price down to $117 per night and then takes an additional fee off the bottom.  Why is the customer not billed the $125 and if they are why am I not getting the full $125 and then Airbnb takes their cut from me att he bottom.  Looks like double dipping to me and I don't get it.

Thanks for any thoughts,

John.

7 Replies 7

If the person is renting for more than the weekend - you seem to indicate that they are staying for more days - In the pricing area, Airbnb adds all the nightly prices together and divides them by the number of nights of the reservation.  So if the weekday price is $100 and the weekend price is $125:

Thursday - 100

Friday - 125

Saturday - 125 

Sunday - 100  

the "nightly price" is $112

You could also be experiencing a currency conversion issue too: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1516/can-i-choose-my-payout-currency. 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/304/where-do-i-find-information-about-my-payouts

Hi,

My situation is that I clearly state that I charge $99 from Sun to Thu and $129 on Fri and Sat, but yet AirBNB is charging $75.29 for a 7 day booking...even with 10% off for a weekly booking it still doesnt pan out.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Chris920 ,

Your listings says it has a weekly discount of 10% and a special discount of 20 % . So the price information is correct. 

Best regards, Emiel

Hi... But I have offered 10% off for weekly bookings and 20% off of a monthly booking and this is only for one week... 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi @Chris920 ,

No, you also offer a special (temporary) discount of 20% , so your monthly discount is 20% monthly discount + 20% special discount,  and your less-then-a-month discount is 10% weekly discount  + 20% special discount  (As your minimum stay is 7 nights, the weekly discount always applies). I can see it all clearly on your listing, it also says the 20% discount is a special offer for the first 3 guest who book before 12 june.

Best regards, Emiel. 

Okay Emiel...thanks so much

@Chris920 your listing looks relatively new.

Did you put on the "First 3 guests get 20% off" promotional discount that Airbnb offers when a listing is new?