The guests 4 hrs late arriving in the middle of the night

Ninet0
Level 1
New South Wales, Australia

The guests 4 hrs late arriving in the middle of the night

What to do? My assistant cannot wait so long. 

6 Replies 6
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Ninet0 Could your assistant put the keys in a key safe, or leave them with a neighbor or a key cafe? If that's not possible, I would contact Airbnb right away and let them know the guest hasn't shown up and you aren't able to accommodate their check in. I'm assuming you've already tried to contact the guest directly to try and find out what's happening?

I think you may need to change your listing: it states that check-in is anytime after 11 am. If this isn't the case, maybe time to update so it doesn't lead to misunderstandings.

Ninet0
Level 1

Thank you, Alexandra316. I was not aware of the check-in time flexibility in my listing. I’ll have to figure out how to change it from my mobile, which I’m using. 

@Ninet0 On the app, go to your listing, then choose Booking settings, then scroll down to Calendar. You can adjust check in and check out there.

If you are going to continue to do in-person check-ins, I would be sure to confirm check in time with the guest a few days in advance, if you're not doing that already.

Ninet0
Level 1

Alexandra316, you are an angel. Thank you very much for being my brain in the middle ofAustralian night helping to sort my European check-in glitch. 

@Ninet0 No worries! That's what the community center is here for! Hope it all worked out in the end!

Ninet0
Level 1

Alexandra316 it did! Guests got the key and are happy at my place. 🙂