The new and improved instant booking - what do you think and here is why I am asking.

Maria238
Level 4
Kensington, CA

The new and improved instant booking - what do you think and here is why I am asking.

Hi everyone, I have been hosting for a little over a year and have been very happy with my guests and surprised about how much I like hosting. I have been wary about the instant booking feature but decided I would try it with new and improved feature where you can supposedly cancel when you don't feel comfortable with your guest. 

Well, I got a booking through the instant booking and it is a couple with a 5 month old baby. They made a reservation for 2 (not 3), which I would have offered to them if we had had a conversation but it annoys me that they booked for 2 while they are 3 without even asking if that would be ok. They want to use my second bedroom with a twin bed for their 5 month old baby. 

I replied that I have a pack 'n play that I will be happy to let them use as I really don't feel comfortable with a baby in an adult bed. What if the baby falls out of the bed ?? I have not heard back from them. Any thoughts?

Thank you so much, 

Maria

2 Replies 2
ZenHomes0
Level 10
Singapore

@Maria238 Some hosts around my area charge for the pack 'n play on a separate charge. For safety reasons, babies shouldn't go on adult beds, don't let this foreseeable mishap take place in your home. Also who knows what further action (legal or not) they could take against you as a host who did not ensure their safety?

Yes, my thought exactly Adam. And I have told them that they can use my pack n play. Waiting to hear back.