The number of bedrooms filter the "plus" symbol for searches

The number of bedrooms filter the "plus" symbol for searches

How does somebody search for a one bedroom condo anywhere 

Can this actually be done with the search filter configured how it is atm ?

Because whenever I trial it , I click "rent entire place" then click more filters

it goes to number of bedrooms I click "1" or the actual symbol is "1+" meaning everything that is one or greater

So you are searching away for your one bedroom condo , but the search results have given you everything that is one or 

greater , so as fun as it is to see all the 2 , 3 , 4, 5 ,6 & 7 bedroom places. It just wastes your time and it seems AirBnB have 

given you a little job creation project to sort through stuff that you were maybe hoping was the job of their actual filter 

Is there any way to search for a one bedroom place & not see anything else ?

13 Replies 13
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Jonathan297

Adjusting number of beds will narrow down. That said, most will be happy to have more space if the price is right.  I often have two persons only booking my 2 bedroom condo simply because my place is bigger, better and cheaper than the studio two floors down.

For Rooms and beds you have the following options in filters 

Bedroom          -    1+     +

Beds                  -    1+     +

Bathrooms       -     1+    +

Now the - sign on far LHS and + sign on far RHS are both surrounded by a circle , couldn't replicate 

that here 

So if you want one bedroom and one bed the point is that the way the filters are set up atm you can't actually do that

It is just wasting peoples time

Imagine a couple with a small child , they will want two rooms / two beds . How does showing places that have 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ,9 ,10 

bedrooms assist them in any way , it just wastes their time 

This is very basic stuff , who was the genius at AirBnB who thought this + symbol after a number was a good idea ?

I will happily accept a share allocation from AirBnB should they decide to drop this dopey idea 

I completely agree. This is a basic feature that will improve the experience for guests  and hosts and improve business. Let us filter by exact number of beds. 

David2778
Level 1
Markham, Canada

I agree with this as an issue, and have posted it to general feedback. Rather than force me to look through so many places that are one or more beds / bedrooms (as I want a only a one-bedroom), give me meaningful search criteria.

The point about some guests looking for a larger place by seeking a 2-bedroom place misses the point ... if the 1-bedroom places are not large enough, I may want to look at only 2-bedroom places.

Please give me the choice.

Luckily enough, VRBO has this option

Michael3143
Level 1
New York, NY

produces a negative customer experience

I encourage airbnb to fix this vexing problem

Philip1955
Level 1
Cambridge, MA

also having an issue with this...want to just search 1 bedroom...

Edoardo129
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

I very much agree. For a given budget, which is what everyone kinda knows to begin with, I have to sort through heaps of large, uglier properties looking for the smaller, good ones I am after. 

Tom3195
Level 2
Boulder, CO

1,000% agree.  This is simple SQL query stuff; it's easy to build a UI to support both the ability to search for "N or more" bedrooms or "exactly N" or "N - NN" bedrooms.  Please do this; I am simply not interested in 7 bedroom properties.

Tom3195
Level 2
Boulder, CO

Tom3195_0-1635359659427.png

An example of how Zillow supports "two or more" or "just two" bedroom searches

Or better yet, how Realtor.com supports searching:

Tom3195_0-1635359908039.png

Will2817
Level 1
New York, United States

It's ridiculous that this has been discussed since 2017 and no one has bothered to fix or even address this issue. That tells you all you need to know about how much airbnb cares about the user experience. I'm looking for a one bedroom in a location that caters to vacationers so they have tons of multiple bedroom postings. I've been searching for pages and the one bedrooms are like little needles in the haystack. My eyes are now tired of looking at this screen and trying to make out where the one bedrooms are so I will be checking and more than likely booking through VRBO or some other similar service. It's a real hame that Airbnb doesn't seem to care about how this can lose them business. Oh well.

Elaine816
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Completely agree! 👏🏾