The "messages" link in the profile drop down on the upper right of a web page does not bring up messages from Guests - it goes to the Airbnb Notification centre, not your Inbox

Rob-And-Gen0
Level 5
Chamonix-Mont-Blanc, France

The "messages" link in the profile drop down on the upper right of a web page does not bring up messages from Guests - it goes to the Airbnb Notification centre, not your Inbox

Hi, 

This has been happening for us for a few months now - is anyone else experiencing this problem from the Airbnb website ? We cannot see Guest messages unless we use the App, or go into it "sideways" such as by going into a reservation and choosing to "Message" the guest. 
Using Google Chrome and this happens on Windows or Mac for us. 

Thanks

Gen

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Rob-And-Gen0 

The option "Inbox" shows all messsages from guests.

The option "messages" in your profile only shows up when in "travel" mode, and is about personal messages regarding being a traveller AND messages from Airbnb support.

Rob-And-Gen0
Level 5
Chamonix-Mont-Blanc, France

Hi, 

It is incredibly stupid as an interface, and it is exactly where I am sent if I click on a message in my mail app sent from a customer to try to read it on the website. So it is a very poor UI. It changed recently as it did NOT do this a few months back. When I follow the link, it goes to the wrong place. That is just plain stupid and frustrating as a UI. That is exactly what I am complaining about !