The quote shows different nightly price from what we set up in the calendar.

The quote shows different nightly price from what we set up in the calendar.

In the past week we had this problem already twice. I.e. the last enquiry: the price for a night is €125 (which is in the calendar) and in the quote it shows €106 a night... Since it's a week stay enquiry it minuses €133 from what we should get.

Has anyone faced the same problem? 

I can't find a way to contact Airbnb and hope to hear an answer from them here! 

It's very frustrating and feels like we've been cheated! 

21 Replies 21

Hi All,

I have a similar problem as I have reduced my nightly rate twice in order to attract more business but on my property photograph in bold writing it is still showing a more expensive nightly rate. This will not attract guests and I can not see a way to correct this issue.

I am new to Airbnb and find them impossible to contact. Infact I was never able to get a contact telephone number for them.  I find it exhausting at this stage, a simple phonecall would clear alot of issues that I am having.

Rose Co Roscommon

I had a similar problem and after I called 415-800-5959 (their emergency line, but you can also select "not an emergency" option twice to get to standard customer service) and waited a LONG time on hold, they were able to help me fix for ours.
We had smart pricing turned on, and here are the steps we took:

1. Turn off smart pricing.

2. Set nightly/weekend rates to the same minimum as smart pricing.

3. Log out and log back in to be sure it saved.

4. Turn on smart pricing again, but set the highest/lowest pricing within about $100-$150 of each other.

5. Log out and log in to confirm save.

After step 3, you should see the reduced pricing reflect on your listing, and keeping the highest/lowest price range more moderate will make it less likely that your listing will have a price spike without really good cause.

Ching, my tech, also said they could track specific instances where a certain rate was quoted but a smaller/different amount was paid - you just need to be able to help them access that specific reservation. This is a US number based in San Francisco.

Thank you so much for this!  I've been trying to figure it out for weeks!  I knew eventually a guest would feel upset since the listing shows a different price. They really need to at least add these steps to the help section if they are going to keep it this way.  It makes no sense and is not intuitive.

Hi Barbara

Thanks for sharing your info but, unfortunately,  it doesn't work 100%.

I followed the 5 steps… to the letter… but there's still a small discrepancy in price when you compare the calendar to the listing!

- I give up.

Jenny122
Level 1
Fowey, United Kingdom

Exactly the same for me - the price is different from my calendar.  Why is this?

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Nadja--Anna-and-Chris0@Jenny122@Rose67  The price shown on the reservation will take into account whether you have an applicable weekly discount thus will show lower.  Or if you have extra people charge and may show higher.  Your home page base price is set by you.  Go to Pricing and scroll down to base price.  Enter whatever is representative of your general price.   Contacting Air BNB can be frustrating.  There is a guide for doing this here in the Community Ctr under Community Help.  I use the Air BNB Twitter account and find I get a fairly quick response.

I have now had two instances of the price being paid by customers being different to what is quoted on my advert. The latest one I put down to the clients paying airbnb in euros instead of pounds. I blame airbnb for this but they seem to make it very difficult for you to address issues of this kind. In future I will simply have to decline bookings if the payment details are not correct.

If you decline bookings you can't get a super host rating, right?

No, you can decline, you just can't CANCEL. Careful about declining though- it can effect where you fall in the listing feed. I didn't know this And was declining guests who were enquiring about whether my place would be a suitable location to stay if they were going to x,y,z place and I would kindly explain that I was too far away and I woukdnt recommend my place to them- hence my decline. 

Roz4
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Do you know if you decline more than 10% of enquiries in a month your fall down the listing feed? So decline is never a great option. Can you explain it to them and then send a special offer for the right price? 

Thank your for your help, Linda!

Hi 

I ws wondering whether there is any other way to contact them other than twitter, for instance email

Fiona

My issue is similar, but I was able to contact Airbnb at 855-424-7562 (I believe they answer in India) from the US. However, I got very bad customer service and a guy who wouldn't let me talk or explain, he was trying to give me canned answers. When I finally I got him to listen to me, I explained that Airbnb was paying me $41 dlls X 7 = $286. I told him the math was wrong, to begin with. He said, "it's because of the exchange rate." I then explained my daily rate had been set up with "smart pricing" and my rate was different for the weekend, not flat for the week. Even if one adds the 14% weekly discount I give, the daily rate Airbnb is paying me is $53, which is flat for the 7 days. He said, "when you have smart pricing on, the system takes only one rate and applies it." I said, "what's the point of having smart pricing?" he said, "you should deactivate it and just set up your own prices; but you won't be able to go with the market. 

So what I will do is turn on the smart pricing just to see what's going on in the market and then set my prices manually. 

(The other number I have for Airbnb is 415-800-5959. That's in San Francisco, CA.)

Hope this helps.

I am having the same problem. I have asked for AUS$150 a night but the offers are coming through at AUS$115. I do not know whether to accept or not as unsure what I am receiving. I have checked my rates as they are set at $150.