The special offer price is different from what the guest is actually paying

Felipe45
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

The special offer price is different from what the guest is actually paying

So I had a bit of back and forth with this guest and ultimately agreed to send him a special offer with a lower/better price than my standard rate. All fair and square but when the guest actually reserved, the final price is EVEN LOWER from what I sent in the special offer. How come? Where did I go wrong? See the two screenshots which illustrate what I mean:

[broken screenshot links removed]

15 Replies 15
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Felipe45,

It looks like the screenshots somehow got lost along the way. The titles are there but the screenshots aren't.

Steve.

Thanks. Any idea why it may strip out my images? 

I added the screenshots to a shared album. You can see them here: https://goo.gl/photos/9hTTyK7uP2J6nqoH7

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Perhaps you forgot to include the cleaning fee in the special offer ?

Mmhh, I'm not so sure that's the case. Shouldn't my total price be inclusive of all cleaning fees? So if I offer the guest $500 for 5 nights, should that not be the final amount they are paying? In my case, they ended up paying about $30 less. My cleaning fee is $50, so I'm not seeing how that would be related. 

Airbnb still takes a cut. Hence the $30 discrepancy. So.. if you want $500 total paid to you. Send a special offer of $530?  Figure out their cut and add it to your bottom line. 

But in the special offer, they specifically call out what my payout would be (respecting their cut) and then (on the confirmation page) show a lower payout. I uploaded screenshots of both here https://goo.gl/photos/9hTTyK7uP2J6nqoH7

Are you sure that I should basically "expect" them to show me a different/lower payout on the special offer page? It seem odd.

I am having this problem but airbnb is charging my guests more.  If my subtotal in a special offer is $300 USD I send to the guest then the subtotal to my guest is $320 USD.  It even shows up on the tool where you can see how much your guest will pay. And I verified with my guest that their subtotal was higher. And this has happened twice that I know of now.  We called airbnb and they acknowledged this is wrong.  Is this happening to anyone else?

If this keeps happening not only is airbnb keeping the little bit extra they gain in the fee (because of the "phantom" higher price) but also the difference in the subtotal.  In the case I referenced $20 more. This could add up to a lot.  This would be even harder to figure out if your guest was using a different currency than yours.  Then you would have to convert and make sure it is right.

And your guest is receiving a higher price then you intended for them to pay. I told my guest they were charging her more than I intended but she didn't want to take the time to call airbnb. This is a problem!

@John582

I am not sure this is the answer to your question, but the airbnb fees the guests pay will be added to your quote.

No, this is before any fees are deducted or added.   If you charge someone $300 they should pay $300 plus the 12% airbnb fee. She is paying $320 plus 12% airbnb fee.  There is a phantom $20 added to her total. Airbnb looked at it and has acknolwdged it is not right.  Is anyone else haveing this problem?

And airbnb is charging me 3% on $300 for the  host fee. So that is correct.  But then they are pocketing an extra phantom $20 that they charged my guest!!!!!!!!!

This is happening to me too. Several times. I have lost bookings because of it.