Theft from host. AirBNB insurance?

Jozie2
Level 2
Port Alberni, Canada

Theft from host. AirBNB insurance?

Sneakers were taken by guest, and she left me same colour, but old and worn, different brand. Smaller and awful, as I do need feminine looking sneakers, I have original box to prove mine was KangaROOS, new, size 12wide, ladies, hot pink all over.. She left Adidas, old, ripped off, size 11. Same colour on top, but black on side. Ireported case to AirBnB. Local community leader relied and said to wait. After 2 weeks, I see small print on bottom page: "Case is closed". Twice I replied to question if I need to continue to get help with this case, I replied twice YES.  When I started hosting, I thought there is insurance for cases like this, theft by guest, damages by guest etc....  Now I have no contact to community leader who wrote me message, reference on page is transferring me to public selection page, no help at all. Stuck with no shoes, new ones are over CDN$90, not same brand, not colour in hot pink anymore.  What to do next?

1 Reply 1
Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Jozie2,

I am sorry to hear about what's happened to you.  Airbnb doesn't provide any form of insurance, and the Host Guarantee program is something that they arbitrarily decide whether to reimburse a host for losses.  

The person who contacted you wasn't a Community Manager, because they monitor the Airbnb Community, which is a site where hosts and guests share their experiences with Airbnb.  No on here has the ability to make changes at Airbnb.

I highly recommend that you call Airbnb customer service, and request to speak with a case manager.  They are the ones who handle claims.