Thinking about buying an Airstream in Sonora California

Jesse389
Level 2
Blackheath, Australia

Thinking about buying an Airstream in Sonora California

Im seeking advice on buying an airstream. I've hosted my film studio before but never a residence. I am curious on what total rentals on average there are per year and how much I could charge per night. Sonora is a touristed gold rush town, there's a nice small town down town area with good food, shopping, there's lakes for water-sports, boating, in winter there's snow 30 minutes away (sometimes it snows at our elevation too) Yosemite National Park is about an hour away. So, all in all, there are people coming up here all year around. My idea would be to create a really nice spot on about 3/4 of an acre, our land is hilly with oaks throughout, lots of vegetation and a small stream in winter, private small road in, private parking, a deck, lawn area, BBQ, picnic table, chairs, fire pit, rope lights up on the trees, privacy fence (neighbors are far away but on one side you could see a couple homes. What do you think I could charge per night and how many nights on average are booked per year? I'd use this information to determine how much to invest in an airstream and the features described. Thanks for your help!!

1 Reply 1
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Jesse389 websites like Wheelhouse and AirDNA can help you with this type of research. You can also browse your local listings and see what people are offering and what they're charging for it. You can also look at their calendars and see how booked up they appear to be, but that's not a perfect indication because some people block dates.

Another good resource is your local tourism association: some pay for reports for this information. You could also speak with local property management firms, but that's likely to cost you money.