Third option to Accept of decline

Gillian120
Level 4
Peachland, Canada

Third option to Accept of decline

I am a loyal host of Airbnb but get very frustrated that there is not a third option other than accepting or declining bookings.

Many times I request a guest to amend their inquiry when they obviously input the incorrect amount of guests or I need further information before I can accept the booking.  Or in one instance the guest booked another one of my units.  All of which do not come under the decline or accept category.

Basically, owners are getting penalized by simply making sure that their accommodation is a good fit for the guest, by awaiting a reply before they accept or decline.

Can you please address this issue or get back to me on why this has not been implemented?

Thanking you

Gillian Evans
1 Reply 1
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Gillian120 I love this idea! Yes, no and maybe. I 100% agree that it would be a good option. It would allow us to acknowledge that we had received the request, but we don't have enough info to make a choice.

I'm also not a fan of being forced into making a decision within 24 hours when you don't have all the information you need to move forward comfortably.