Threats after leaving negative review

Arya0
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Threats after leaving negative review

A user left the following threat after we left him a negative review:

"Next thing u will see is the mess i will leave on your moms bed u stupid **bleep**"

A person like that cannot remain a member of Airbnb. His mental instability represents an obvious threat to any host or other guests of his host. Since our review has already been printed and we can't edit it to add this comment of his, how can we make sure every Airbnb host knows about it?

How does Airbnb make sure that such people are not allowed to make reservation on its website?

3 Replies 3
Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about your poor experience. You can flag the guest to Airbnb; in you inbox go into this guest's message and you will note a flag next to their abusive message to you, click on it to highlight the message to Airbnb.

Alternatively, contact Airbnb directly, either way they will review both your messages and comments and decide best course of action. If your personal safety is threatened, contact local police as well.

Wish you all the best.

Ama

It's been 5 days since we contacted Airbnb to get help and to get more information about this guest. I'm shocked that we still haven't received an answer from them. Comments have been flaged too and no result there either.

It would be hard to contact the police since we don't even have the guest's real name. He uses a fake name on Airbnb.

Airbnb has the personal details on that person but has not had the courtesy to share them so far.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I'm so sorry to hear that BnB didn't reply to the threat you received from a visitor you hosted through them. Unfortunately customer and service aren't two words that seem to go together at BnB. I would use their FB account you always get a prompt response through their social media- I would imagine this is because anyone can see it and they don't want the bad PR.