Threats by Host

Alejandro979
Level 2
Fremont, CA

Threats by Host

Hello!

A few days ago I booked a room for a month, while looking for a definitive place to move.

I found a place to lease and decided to move in  with only one week remaining of my stay at the Arbnd, a week after I finished my stay, my Host contacted me saying that he will assume that I left and i check out, and does not want me to come back, even if I technically have one more week reserved. I made the cancellation of the reservation and did not ask for any refund, however the host has contacted me telling me that he knows where I went to live, that he has my personal information  and that he will contact my new tenant to talk badly about me. What can I do right now? I already contacted Arbnd to indicate that I received these threats

5 Replies 5
Alejandro979
Level 2
Fremont, CA

Correction "A week before i finished my stay"

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Alejandro979 very strange; what is this host's complaint about you?

That i took with luggage out,  and i didn't stay for a night, i was planing to finish my stay till the end of weekend,   still i have one week to end  my Arbnd rent. The next Morning she entered into the room stripped out the bed, clean the room, she send me a message not to return back that is her home and she can do it, that she feel not comfortable with someone coming into her house, is not a hotel. She treated me with  contacting Arbnd and  find out my new place let know my new Host/Landowner with misinforming me. 

I will not return back to this place, hell no! As well the payment was already process.

I'm not sure how this story would read if told by the host.

John1301
Level 2
St. Petersburg, FL

I think there is a lack of communication here.  I have had several guest come stay with me, while they where looking for a rental or new home. I have helped many airBNB in this transition.