Thumbs up and thumbs down in my wishlist?

Andy327
Level 1
Seattle, WA

Thumbs up and thumbs down in my wishlist?

Does anyone know why there are thumbs up/thumbs down icons to the lower left of my saved houses in a wishlist?  If I click these, how does it affect my list?  It seems that if I put a home in my wishlist there wouldn't be a need for these thumbs?  Thanks!

3 Replies 3
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Although there is no mention of the wish list thumbs icons in Airbnb Help (that I can find), @Andy327, I do think it has to do with the sharing aspect of wish lists. I took a look at "How do I manage my list of saved homes?", and the idea is to share the saved list with the friends/family who will be travelling with you, and have them comment, add and delete. So the thumbs may be a way to vote among the group. I don't remember seeing those thumbs before today, so thanks for mentioning them. Interesting.

I hope getting thumbs down-ed in someone's wish list by the picky sister-in-law does not affect a host's standing. Yikes. 

Thanks,  Lawrene - 

That occured to me, too, but they must be there by default because I haven't shared my list with anyone.  Probably too complicated to turn them on and off when homes are shared and not shared.

@Lawrene0 wrote:

Although there is no mention of the wish list thumbs icons in Airbnb Help (that I can find), @Andy327, I do think it has to do with the sharing aspect of wish lists. I took a look at "How do I manage my list of saved homes?", and the idea is to share the saved list with the friends/family who will be travelling with you, and have them comment, add and delete. So the thumbs may be a way to vote among the group. I don't remember seeing those thumbs before today, so thanks for mentioning them. Interesting.

I hope getting thumbs down-ed in someone's wish list by the picky sister-in-law does not affect a host's standing. Yikes. 

Personally, I'm using them to keep track of the differences between the places I REALLY like and the ones that are just meh but I don't want to remove yet.  That's just me though.  I like the feature.