Tier 2 restrictions uk

Sharon1092
Level 2
Chesterfield, United Kingdom

Tier 2 restrictions uk

Can I still host at @Sharon1092 my area is about to be put into the no mixing of households indoors but I have a lady starting a new job in my town on Monday and she is desperate to be able to stay for the next month. I am unclear as to what to do as have just reached Superhost status and do not want to do the wrong thing

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Hi @Sharon1092 The answer is 'who knows' and I'm sure Boris doesn't but if its a month and the guest is not going elsewhere at weekends then perhaps you could form a support bubble - see below

What a support bubble is

A support bubble is a close support network between a household with only one adult in the home (known as a single-adult household) and one other household of any size.

This is called making a ‘support bubble’.

Once you’re in a support bubble, you can think of yourself as being in a single household with people from the other household. It means you can have close contact with that household as if they were members of your own household.

Once you make a support bubble, you should not change who is in your bubble.

Continue to follow social distancing guidance with people outside of your household or support bubble. This is critical to keeping you, your family and friends as safe as possible.

Who can make a support bubble If you’re in a single-adult household

You can form a support bubble with another household of any size that is not part of a support bubble with anyone else if you:

• live by yourself – even if carers visit you to provide support
  • are a single parent living with children who were under 18 on 12 June 2020

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Sharon1092 If the lady is staying with you seven days a week, rather than Mon-Fri/shifts & going home when off duty, then she is 'moving home' by staying at yours, is she not? 

Certainly during the first lockdown, people were still allowed to move home. I found the SpareRoom flatshare site helpful: https://blog.spareroom.co.uk/essential-information-for-flatsharers-and-renters-during-covid-19-crisi...